Salsco 810M chipper clutch chirping

BrianGehan

Anyone have experience with centrifugal clutches on Salsco 810M chippers? Or perhaps other machines with centrifugally engaging clutches? Mine has a rhythmic chirping sound when idling, clutch not engaged. I also noticed yesterday that the cutter disc was rotating slightly before the clutch was engaged, while the machine was still idling. Possibly bad throwout bearing? My main question is how to remove/re-instal the main drive belt to get into the clutch drum? Do I need to loosen the engine mounting bolts, to back off the drive gear? Any familiarity with this machine will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Serf Life

Hi Brian, think I’ve seen your truck around Georgetown before. Have you tried Union Farm Equipment for info and manuals? They are a Salco dealer and have been helpful in the past. Pics would prob help for folks on here too.

BrianGehan

Hi Brian, think I’ve seen your truck around Georgetown before. Have you tried Union Farm Equipment for info and manuals? They are a Salco dealer and have been helpful in the past. Pics would prob help for folks on here too.
Hi Serf Life, are you based here in G'twn?? Yeah, Union is usually my first call, I got my M7060 through them, and they have been very helpful with other machines. However, I have learned over the years that they don't seem to have any familiarity at all with the 810M, even given their Salsco dealer status. This chipper is the only Salsco machine I own, so I don't know if they just don't know Salsco's, or if it's just this unit. Anyways, had a little time this afternoon, and think I have figured out at least the next couple moves with the clutch rebuild. Still would like to chat with anyone with centrifugal clutch experience, should have been a bigger sled-head in my younger days. I'll probably just replace all that I can while I'm in there, and move on. Thanks

jmester

Pilot bearing could be beginning to seize up. I say that because you said the cutter wheel/drum is moving without the clutch engaged. Chipper pto's take alot of abuse because they are side loaded.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom