Rope Runner pro on double rope

Hello, I’m trying to find info on how efficient the RRP is on double or moving rope.
I can only find a couple of questionably competent ‘climbers’ on You Tube who don’t seem to have their craft on point.
I am about to replace my ZigZag after yet again, one slipping after less than a year.
I’m trying to avoid an expensive mistake by trying to ascertain if it performs as efficiently on double rope as the Zig Zag.
Any input would be warmly received. Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimsonking

Carpal tunnel level member
They don’t tend the same at all. I like mine and use it in ddrt, but the zigzag is my favorite ddrt device by far. Which version(s) of zigzag do you have? Old, smaller model or the larger updated one? I have the older version, and it still holds after some serious bailing.

Stumpsprouts

Branched out member
Hello, I’m trying to find info on how efficient the RRP is on double or moving rope.
I can only find a couple of questionably competent ‘climbers’ on You Tube who don’t seem to have their craft on point.
I am about to replace my ZigZag after yet again, one slipping after less than a year.
I’m trying to avoid an expensive mistake by trying to ascertain if it performs as efficiently on double rope as the Zig Zag.
Any input would be warmly received. Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you considered the original rope runner? Doesn’t move quite as smooth as a zigzag on DRT but is still pretty amazing for any application.

They don’t tend the same at all. I like mine and use it in ddrt, but the zigzag is my favorite ddrt device by far. Which version(s) of zigzag do you have? Old, smaller model or the larger updated one? I have the older version, and it still holds after some serious bailing.
Hi Crimson King,
I had the older smaller model which slipped so replaced it with the ZZ plus which now slips .
I think the problem is that the Cousin Atrax is on the smaller side for it, but it’s the best rope I’ve ever used so don’t want to replace it as it feeds so wonderfully .

Have you considered the original rope runner? Doesn’t move quite as smooth as a zigzag on DRT but is still pretty amazing for any application.
This is great info.Thank you. I think anything less effective than the Zig Zag for me , would be a backwards step though . All be it I may get longer usage . I’ll just have to put £1 extra on each day to pay for the annual Zig Zag

Hi Crimson King,
I had the older smaller model which slipped so replaced it with the ZZ plus which now slips .
I think the problem is that the Cousin Atrax is on the smaller side for it, but it’s the best rope I’ve ever used so don’t want to replace it as it feeds so wonderfully .
I have both older and newer version and the ZZ does not like anything under 11.5mm. will it grab on smaller, yes but the links was designed to expand so far and those smaller diameters line you can see how much further the links will extend vs 11.5mm amd larger. A great combo that i run is the Drenaline 11.8mm with the plus through ring saver.

countryboypa31

I use my runner pro ddrt for all crane work. It's not as smooth ddrt as srt but still works great for me. I do run a smaller diameter rope when using it in a ddrt configuration to help reduce the drag created with extra rope running through the device.
Also I find a magnetic trending point makes for quick attachment to make tending ddrt very easy.

Zebco Kid

Countryboypa3,

This is the first I've heard of "magnetic trending point." Can you share what this means?

Thank you.

DG

Winchman

Branched out member
I use my runner pro ddrt for all crane work. It's not as smooth ddrt as srt but still works great for me. I do run a smaller diameter rope when using it in a ddrt configuration to help reduce the drag created with extra rope running through the device.
Also I find a magnetic trending point makes for quick attachment to make tending ddrt very easy.
That's odd. I've always thought ddrt had one leg of the rope through the device with the other leg attached to the device or the harness. the rope passes through a pulley or righ at the tie-in point. That gives the climber a 2:1 mechanical advantage.

Having both legs running through the device makes it srt with two ropes and no mechanical advantage, unless one rope is stationary and the other moving. That would create a lot of friction (and wear) between the ropes. Please clarify how you have it set up.

Also please tell us something about a magnetic tending point. I've never heard of it, and I can't find anything about it. Anything to do with using magnets in climbing gets my interest up.

Jonny

Been here a while
Countryboypa3,

This is the first I've heard of "magnetic trending point." Can you share what this means?

Thank you.

DG
Typo, I believe he means “ Tending Point”
Chest harness, neck tether, bra, or over the shoulder lanyard to tend the device. Putting a magnet in between the device and chest makes a link that’s easy to breakaway and/ or disconnect. If I used a neck tether, I’d want a magnetic link.

Reach

Been here a while
That's odd. I've always thought ddrt had one leg of the rope through the device with the other leg attached to the device or the harness. the rope passes through a pulley or righ at the tie-in point. That gives the climber a 2:1 mechanical advantage.

Having both legs running through the device makes it srt with two ropes and no mechanical advantage, unless one rope is stationary and the other moving. That would create a lot of friction (and wear) between the ropes. Please clarify how you have it set up.

Also please tell us something about a magnetic tending point. I've never heard of it, and I can't find anything about it. Anything to do with using magnets in climbing gets my interest up.
I don’t believe he is running both legs through the device, I believe he’s referring to the way DdRT uses twice the rope to ascend/descend a given distance that SRT uses to travel the same distance.

countryboypa31

By extra rope running through the device, I mean that to go 2 ft, 4 ft of rope passes through the device. I guess the runner has to only hold half the weight in ddrt as srt. Either way, when using in ddrt I find a thinner softer rope works better, imo.

countryboypa31

Typo, I believe he means “ Tending Point”
Chest harness, neck tether, bra, or over the shoulder lanyard to tend the device. Putting a magnet in between the device and chest makes a link that’s easy to breakaway and/ or disconnect. If I used a neck tether, I’d want a magnetic link.
What he said! I use a neck tether with magnetic attachment point, and added a magnet to the trending point in the runner.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom