Rope Rec

Harrison_smith

I primarily climb SRT with rope wrench. My current rope is a 11.7 Yale Poison Hi-vi. I need a new rope and I am leaning toward getting a 16 strand rope instead of 24 for better durability. I wanted some feedback and or recommendations from you guys.

Anawan

If you like 11.7 try All Gear Rocket aka Cherry Bomb, I’ve climbed on that as well as the Yale 11.7s and find they stand up to wear and tear better. (Not talking handsaw nicks, just catching chainsaw dogs, ascenders, rough bark, that kind of every day stuff). It’s not as stretchy as tachyon and I can dig an SRT 200’ basal tie on it.

Harrison_smith

If you like 11.7 try All Gear Rocket aka Cherry Bomb, I’ve climbed on that as well as the Yale 11.7s and find they stand up to wear and tear better. (Not talking handsaw nicks, just catching chainsaw dogs, ascenders, rough bark, that kind of every day stuff). It’s not as stretchy as tachyon and I can dig an SRT 200’ basal tie on it.
Thanks. Very helpful.

Reach

I will second that, I climbed on Cherry Bomb for years. I now use Blue Craze, which I am told is the same rope, just in blue. It is a very static 24 strand, and has held up remarkably well for me as well, especially climbing SRT with a rope and hitch cord.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom