Rope Equipment For Sale

MikeD77

I have about 5000 grand in rope and rigging equipment I'm letting go for 600.00. I taught rope rescue operations all over the country and because of a back injury I’ve closed down shop. All the equipment is either new or barely used. Nothing was shock loaded. It’s mainly from a spare cache of gear I have. Everything from ropes,pulleys, webbing, anchor slings, helmets, carabiners and more. I’m looking to give it to someone that can use it
Here’s a rough list.
Seven bags of 1/2 static rope. 150’ And 200’ lengths (sterling)
One 300’ bag of Sterling super static rope
20 pulleys (petzl and cmc)
15-20 steel carabiners (cmc)
Class 3 Petzl harness
CMC anchor slings 7-10’ length prob 7 of those
3 helmets
8-9mm prusiks
Safety lanyards
Tons of 1’’ webbing
Mini racks (petzl)
Rope grab devices (petzl)
More odds and ends
. Call if interested 732-803-7655

Last edited:

oldoakman

Sorry to hear about your back injury Mike, they do suck. It would be helpful if you could give a quick list of types and manufacturer of things. Someone will be able to use it for certain. Heal quickly.

bob foresti

I have about 5000 grand in rope and rigging equipment I'm letting go for 600.00. I taught rope rescue operations all over the country and because of a back injury I’ve closed down shop. All the equipment is either new or barely used. Nothing was shock loaded. It’s mainly from a spare cache of gear I have. Everything from ropes,pulleys, webbing, anchor slings, helmets, carabiners and more. I’m looking to give it to someone that can use it
Here’s a rough list.
Class 3 Petzl harness
3 helmets
8-9mm prusiks
Safety lanyards
Tons of 1’’ webbing
Mini racks (petzl)
More odds and ends
Sorry to hear you're hurting, Mike.. We certainly wish you a fast recovery.... Like old oak said, a list with some prices might be helpful.. Personally, I'd be interested in a couple of static ropes, an extra helmet, some beiners for speedlining, and lanyards..
Best,
Bob

96coal449

Sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully you have a speedy recovery with no permanent damages.
Odds are no one will be looking to buy the whole lot. Be prepared to separate.

Treetech

Here’s a rough list.
Class 3 Petzl harness
3 helmets
8-9mm prusiks
Safety lanyards
Tons of 1’’ webbing
Mini racks (petzl)
More odds and ends
Do you still have rope for sale?
Extremely desperate after recent theft of over $3,000 in saws climbing and rigging equipment

Zw202

Sorry about the injury I'm a new climber with no money or gear and I need to somehow get started

TimBr

Official Well Known Greeter
Do you still have rope for sale?
Extremely desperate after recent theft of over $3,000 in saws climbing and rigging equipment
So, this is a gut wrenching deal. Apologies if this is a derail, but I figure if the stuff is already sold, I'm not doing much damage. Sorry to hear of this theft.

I was wondering if you would mind doing a public debrief of how this theft occurred? To me, it would be like discussing how accidents have happened in the "Awakenings" threads. The idea would be to share information about how these thefts happen, and what preventive measures could be taken in the future to stop further losses. Icing on the cake would be a way to locate, identify and have arrested the people doing these thefts. I get the impression that they are sometimes professional thieves, who target and track people that haul around a lot of expensive equipment. I'd love to see these folks do some time in jail for what they've done.

Some computers have a system on board that is similar to Lojack for cars. It would be nice to have a system like that for expensive chainsaws, too. Maybe embedded into the chips on the machine, so that if someone takes it into a Stihl shop for repair, it alerts the tech that this is a stolen item. Just a thought.

Tim

Edit: @Treetech; Welcome to the TreeBuzz forum! I think you are going to like it here! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

CanadianStan

So, this is a gut wrenching deal. Apologies if this is a derail, but I figure if the stuff is already sold, I'm not doing much damage. Sorry to hear of this theft.

I was wondering if you would mind doing a public debrief of how this theft occurred? To me, it would be like discussing how accidents have happened in the "Awakenings" threads. The idea would be to share information about how these thefts happen, and what preventive measures could be taken in the future to stop further losses. Icing on the cake would be a way to locate, identify and have arrested the people doing these thefts. I get the impression that they are sometimes professional thieves, who target and track people that haul around a lot of expensive equipment. I'd love to see these folks do some time in jail for what they've done.

Some computers have a system on board that is similar to Lojack for cars. It would be nice to have a system like that for expensive chainsaws, too. Maybe embedded into the chips on the machine, so that if someone takes it into a Stihl shop for repair, it alerts the tech that this is a stolen item. Just a thought.

Tim

Edit: @Treetech; Welcome to the TreeBuzz forum! I think you are going to like it here! I look forward to reading more of your posts.
You could also hide these in the saws. A bit of superglue in a space that doesn’t get too hot.

$20 CAD per tile, battery lasts about 1 year, GPS tracker is viewable in any smartphone. You wouldn’t even need 1 per saw, just 1 per truck. You could probably track everything if they cleared your truck out.

1543894546560.jpeg

Treetech

Yes the tiles are a great idea. Yes once I have a littleore free time I will sit down and tell the details of the theft.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom