Rope access guy looking for experience in Portland, OR area

Roundhouse

Hi, I'm currently working as a rope access level 3 in Alaska on a 3 on 3 off rotation and I'm looking to do some arborist work for 1-3 days a week when I'm home. Full disclosure: I'd like to start my own tree service based in Washington at some point. I have 8 years of industrial rope access experience and was a climbing guide before that. I'm confident I'd pick up the rigging and climbing quickly but I'd be happy to work the ground too. I have my own PPE, climbing gear and a couple chainsaws, reliable transportation. Also, I have extensive rope access rescue training, know most pertinent knots/hitches and have climbed and pruned my own trees (large doug firs, big leaf maple) and have a couple hundred hours on a mini excavator. If you need an extra hand, get in touch.

Roundhouse

It’s going pretty well! Just did a big removal for 3 adjacent, tight backyards last week. Kicked my ass but went well. Glad I did my first few jobs for understanding friends. My first big removal took 4 days instead of 2 and I dropped a branch on a low value target. Feeling pretty confident about my skills but still taking it slow. Winning a lot of bids so I think I’m a little low for the market. Okay for now but nice to know I might be able to charge more in the future.

Roundhouse

There seems to be no lack of work right now that’s for sure. I’ve had several clients now that say they haven’t gotten a call back from multiple tree services.

Roundhouse

Thanks for the heads up! I’ve got bids and a couple jobs coming up but hit me up on PM if you’ve got stuff in the future. I should be fully licensed n Oregon in a few weeks.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom