Rigging Ring sizes that are sensible?

dsptech

About to spice up a couple of Ultra slings.
I bought some 5/8" and 3/4" T-Rex and started looking at rings.
I rig with some 9/16" and 3/4" Stable braid.
What size rings are sensible for my slings?
I see allot of talk about Beast rings and Fiori's monster sized rings.
Are the larger rings preferable or are they compensating for something else? :p
Who's rings do you prefer?

Benjo75

I'm about to do the same thing you are. I just bought a couple of the All Gear big rings. There's quite a difference in the prices of rings. I'd like to eventually get at least one of the Fiori rings. The bigger the better for me. I do have one of the smaller rings on a dead eye sling for the 1/2 rope just to have something smaller and lighter. I think the Ultra sling is the way to go. I have plenty of dead eye slings that I tie the cow hitch with and most of the time I use them for blocking down chunks because I can get the ring tight against the trunk. Recently I haven't had the need to get the ring so tight and close and the ultra sling is really nice. Plus it's easier to setup and remove multiple times.

Jehinten

About to spice up a couple of Ultra slings.
I bought some 5/8" and 3/4" T-Rex and started looking at rings.
I rig with some 9/16" and 3/4" Stable braid.
What size rings are sensible for my slings?
I see allot of talk about Beast rings and Fiori's monster sized rings.
Are the larger rings preferable or are they compensating for something else? :p
Who's rings do you prefer?

I rig exclusively with 1/2" rope and find that I like the #2 ring size from ABR/NOTCH. Keep in mind that if you use a spliced rigging rope that you want to size your ring bigger than your splice. I've used a small xring with a spliced 1/2" rope and while its technically possible to force it through, it takes several minutes and in the case of a ring and ring you will not be able to remote set with the eye splice. On the flip side of that, the splice is all that is needed to retrieve that ring and ring.

KevinS

One thing I’ve noticed that isn’t talked about in great depth is friction on the bigger rings going down with a piece is awesome but if you have multiple rigging points sometimes it’s a good hand over hand lean into it pull to get the rope back up to the climber. So keep that in mind while you bury your groundie it may burn them out or add extra time for that step

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom