Ride on blower

Sfoppema

Participating member

Anyone using one of these or something similar with success?

Seems like it would be most effective in settings where you can just blow the debris into the woods/not have to remove it from the property. Especially used in conjunction with bmg broom. Can't find any evidence of a tree company using one.

Reach

Been here a while
They are great for moving large amounts of leaves and debris, but don’t do too well with the fine cleanup. We used to run similar for leaf cleanups in conjunction with a couple backpack blowers to pick up everything they missed.

Neill

Not in tree care but yes I’ve used them in landscaping. Those blowers are amazing- a huge time saver during leaf season or general cleanup. With some skill you can make piles if there is a lot of material. They also will tear up lawns though.The billy goat is probably the best out of the ride on variety IMO. but toro, Ferris, scag, others make comparable machines. Grasshopper makes a turbine blower that’s good too.

Jehinten

Carpal tunnel level member
Looks good to me. Likely a faster ground speed and easier on turf when turning than a mini skid.

I'm Curious, @littlenick , can you rake and blow in one pass or does it work best to do one task at a time?

It actually works very well. My only complaint is I wish I got the bigger model blower, this is the smaller model. The broom can be removed with two pins and then used on a loader.

The blower is always on is the only draw back, we typically blow in front of the machine when using the broom.

southsoundtree

Been here a while
It actually works very well. My only complaint is I wish I got the bigger model blower, this is the smaller model. The broom can be removed with two pins and then used on a loader.

The blower is always on is the only draw back, we typically blow in front of the machine when using the broom.
Can't that be easily remedied with a switch?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom