Retrevial options for pulley saver

Tayer

Made a pulley saver at home with a pinto rig and a short section of climb line. Doubt I’ll be able to find a dmm retrevial cone that fits through the pinto rig locally. So I went to tree stuff $10 plus $8 shipping. I’m a little to cheap to pay $18 for a retrevial ball any body had any luck with something else that might work.

Jehinten

Made a pulley saver at home with a pinto rig and a short section of climb line. Doubt I’ll be able to find a dmm retrevial cone that fits through the pinto rig locally. So I went to tree stuff $10 plus $8 shipping. I’m a little to cheap to pay $18 for a retrevial ball any body had any luck with something else that might work.
"Free ship" or something like that in the coupon code box at tree stuff will save you that $8. If that code does not work, check their FAQ, they list the free shipping code in there. The option that I normally choose is to buy $90 more of gear for the free shipping over $100.

Matthew Stone

First one I made was from a cork, but any rubber stopper also works since you can sand it down to the perfect size. Or hack it up with a utility knife if you aren't crafty. Currently i have a ball bearing from something that came with a hole through it to retrieve my secret weapon. Lucked out with the size. Necessity is the mother of all invention. Honestly, you could probably use a soda cap turned sideways with a hole drilled through the center and a piece of throwline to hold it to the climb line.

kludge

I made a pulley saver and have two different sized washers. One to run the rope through. and a smaller one that fits through the pulley but not the other washer. I cannot say it's beautiful, but it works.

Bob Bob

You could try taking the homemade pulley saver / friction saver with you to the hardware section of your local building supply type store and finding the perfect piece of cheap hardware that will work. I bet you can find something for less than $4 that will work...

Last edited:

JeffGu

Welded steel rings from a hardware store work very well, too... and come in lots of sizes.

Burrapeg

Marinas, sporting goods stores, and other places that sell bungee cord often sell plastic balls of various sizes that go on the end of bungee cord for tie downs and other similar uses. I picked up a couple for less than a dollar and they were just the right size.

Crimsonking

An option that is super smooth, but not cheaper- wichard key pin shackle. If you have a hand or sewn splice, attach this to your fs, and then attach the hitch side of your climbing line. No retrieval cone/ball/ring necessary. If you don’t use a splice, a retrieval ball of sorts is still needed.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom