Request for Sponsorship from Peak to Peak Student

baileypatterson

My name is Bailey Patterson, I am a sophomore at Peak to Peak Charter School who just found out my team is competing in the international finals of the Conrad Challenge. I’m reaching out to find businesses or individuals to sponsor our school’s innovation teams so we can compete this April at the Kennedy Space Center!

The Conrad Challenge asks students to solve global problems with innovative ideas, and our innovation would provide kits to women working in the bidi-making industry, allowing them to escape terrible working conditions by starting their own business. This would improve the lives of these women, benefit the economy, and decrease bidi use and help solve air pollution. In pursuit of this project, we have created a product video and developed a full business plan that we will be presenting when will compete in the international finals on April 23-26. In order to fund our fourteen students who have advanced to the international finals of the Conrad Challenge, we are asking for corporate sponsors since the cost will be approximately fourteen thousand dollars for the trip. In our Shark Tank-style finals, we will pitch Bidi to Industry to illustrious judges. Your sponsorship would be recognized on our pitch deck and promotional materials, as well as recognized as we move forward in the process of social entrepreneurship. We would also be happy to speak at your organization, make a poster featuring an image showing our recognition of you during the final pitch, or collaborate with your company on a project. You would not only be helping us, you would be helping us change the world!

We are hoping your business can help sponsor Alternate Industry India and our product Bidi to Industry to make these innovative ideas a reality and to help our high school innovators compete at the Kennedy Space Center! The donation can either be a check made out to Peak to Peak Charter School with Conrad Challenge noted on the bottom or using this link with potential donors. They will just need to identify that the donation is toward the Conrad Challenge, and they will receive a tax receipt in both cases. Please contact me with questions about our project, our teacher Kristie Letter (kristie.letter@bvsd.org) with questions about the Conrad Challenge, or Amy Skinner (amy.skinner@bvsd.org) with questions about your tax-deductible sponsorship donation made out to Peak to Peak. Feel free to contact me (brpatterson01@bvsd.org) to learn more about my teams initiative!

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Good luck..but first...anwser some questions...

What is a bidi?

What connection do you have to tree care?

solicitaions like this really are suspicious without explanation.

Anyone repsonding...be careful

Reactions: ATH

baileypatterson

Good luck..but first...anwser some questions...

What is a bidi?

What connection do you have to tree care?

solicitaions like this really are suspicious without explanation.

Anyone repsonding...be careful

Awesome questions!
A bidi is similar to a cigarette, it is tobacco rolled in dried leaves that is popular in India.
Posting on this particular website was recommended to me by a tree care business owner who is interested in sponsoring my innovation team, but there are connections beyond that. Specifically, our initiative would reduce air pollution caused by producing and smoking bidis in India, and benefit all organisms that thrive with clean air, such as trees.
I understand your suspicion, but I hope my response has addressed your concerns. Please let me know if you have anymore questions!

baileypatterson

Sorry for the misunderstanding! Our initiative is actually to decrease bidi(cigarette) smoking, not encourage it. Our proposal is to provide kits to women who are currently in the bidi industry that would help them create a source of income that does not come from producing bidis, which would decrease bid production and therefore decrease bidi smoking. This is not a scam, the donation would go to my school, not me. I would be happy to answer any further inquiries.
My original post contains information about the Conrad Challenge, my school, and who to reach out to if you are interested in donating.

owScott

@baileypatterson Check your PM

Wait...so you're funding a program that supports tobacco smoking? Given the wide range of social or environmental needs that could be supported...why tobacco use?

Color me VERY suspicious of this
Tom i know this an old post, i just saw it. Bailey is my neighbor, this is not a scam. I understand where you are coming from, but figured i would comment.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom