Really get after it

BoomBitch222

Ok, only my second week at Davey and Im KILLEN it. I thought being a big corporate monster they would have rules about letting new workers do certain things but nope, second day they had me jump in the bucket to see if I really knew my shit, slayed it. And today, my second week, my foreman asked if I would like to try doing a small climb. Doing anything new is terrifying for me but I pushed the fear back, smiled and said “Hell yeah” and up I went.

Ive jumped on every opportunity to be useful, show them that Im here to learn and progress and its definitely paying off :) 07B88C1A-C3F9-4E5B-8A6E-2867027428C6.jpeg

BoomBitch222

:LOL: Well that might take a bit, me getting good enough for competition I mean (or maybe both?). I got up there and did the thing but it was far from graceful. After watching my co-workers fly around up there I was not prepared for how tricky moving around would be lol How does the competitive thing go anyways? Is it a speed thing?

evo

:LOL: Well that might take a bit, me getting good enough for competition I mean (or maybe both?). I got up there and did the thing but it was far from graceful. After watching my co-workers fly around up there I was not prepared for how tricky moving around would be lol How does the competitive thing go anyways? Is it a speed thing?
Really don’t mean to sound like a ass. Pretty much around here all you gotta do is show up and you place at the local comps

Winchman

I'm not interested in competition climbing, but I think the basic idea is to show your skills in being able to move safely and quickly from one spot to another in the tree. The organizers will have someone climb up and mark the spots you need to get to, and you need to figure out how to reach all of them.

rope-a-dope

The typical preliminary events are: throwline (hit target forks for points)
Ascent (speed up rope)
Work climb (ring bells in the tree)
Aerial rescue (get a dummy victim out of the tree)
WC and AR you collect points for verbal calls and stuff like pointing out there are no electrical hazards.
Noobs are treated really well, every one is friendly supportive and you get to brush elbows with some top dogs. So worth it for newish arb people.

BoomBitch222

The typical preliminary events are: throwline (hit target forks for points)
Ascent (speed up rope)
Work climb (ring bells in the tree)
Aerial rescue (get a dummy victim out of the tree)
WC and AR you collect points for verbal calls and stuff like pointing out there are no electrical hazards.
Noobs are treated really well, every one is friendly supportive and you get to brush elbows with some top dogs. So worth it for newish arb people.
That actually does sound pretty fun

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom