re-braided double locked brummel

customcuts

What do you guys think about this process and it's strength? I made it out of 3/8ths nerex with dmm rings and chafe sleeve to help with picking. I buried the tails 8" with a taper

Attachments

• 376189-1385273403814.jpg
    376189-1385273403814.jpg
    902.7 KB · Views: 151

tuttle

I have done it a few times, Hope that the re-weave on yours is tight, passed the bury, it is little tricky to get a good looking weave at the first point.

I'm sure it will hold fast.

ask your wife what she's like at hair braiding, next time you could ask her for some help on the tricky bits.

customcuts

Yea, I braided it as tight as I could get it then taped it to the wire fid and pulled it in for final bury then tapered it and stitched it. I wish I would have put heat shrink on it before so I could shrink it over the brummels. Instead I just whipped over the brummels really tight with waxed twine then heated it up until it all kinda melted together to make it really stiff. Mostly just to keep it all tight and in place. Basically like using heat shrink. Thanks for the feedback tuttle

Attachments

• 376236-IMAG1408.jpg
    376236-IMAG1408.jpg
    939.2 KB · Views: 86

customcuts

Not sure what the braid is called, I divided the strands into 6 pairs then braided them evenly and as tight as I could get them. Any special or certain braid you recommend nick?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom