Push notification for ANSI A300 and Z133 updates

colb

I got surprised by the 2020 root management update and the 2019 trees during construction update. TBH, I have no way of knowing when these are updated. What's up? What do you all do to stay current? Is there a push notification system that tells us when the new ones come out, and where do I sign up for it?

colb

The ISA website notes that a new supplemental support edition is being released - 2021. It is not yet available on the website.

ConeCollector

ISA generally emails out those bits of information updates but they are buried deep in emails filled with other superfluous content. I’ve missed a few too. Almost every conference at the chapter level or national has at least one presentation that is a wrap up of all recent A-300 updates. That is what I fine the most helpful.

colb

ISA generally emails out those bits of information updates but they are buried deep in emails filled with other superfluous content. I’ve missed a few too. Almost every conference at the chapter level or national has at least one presentation that is a wrap up of all recent A-300 updates. That is what I fine the most helpful.
I'm wondering if it is the TCIA - as the secretariat of the ANSI A300 - that would potentially push notification...

ATH

Doesn't ANSI call for a 5-year review of all standards? That doesn't necessarily mean that we changed every 5 years... But they are reviewed and changes are considered. It seems like more often than not there are some minor changes that are made at each review.

ISA probably changes their BMPs when they feel there are significant enough changes to warrant a republication. @evo I agree I'm waiting for the updated printing standard. I think there was significant enough change in language especially as it pertains to "thinning" when they updated the ANSI pruning standard.

Last edited:

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
During the time I was on the Z133 committee we wold hav a final meeting to vote and send the new standard to the printer. We'd skip the next bi-annual meeting then start up on the continuing revisions at the next meeting. It wA continuous process

evo

Doesn't ANDi call for a 5-year review of all standards? That doesn't necessarily mean that we changed every 5 years... But they are reviewed and changes are considered. It seems like more often than not there are some minor changes that are made at each review.

ISA probably changes their BMPs when they feel there are significant enough changes to warrant a republication. @evo I agree I'm waiting for the updated printing standard. I think there was significant enough change in language especially as it pertains to "thinning" when they updated the ANSI pruning standard.
That and reduction pruning needs A LOT of work. It's taken round here that topping is ok as long as you take it back to a scaffold.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom