PTO help

chiselbit

Branched out member
Is anyone familiar with this type of pto? This is in my new chip truck and when I lower the chip box it comes down at full speed. If I really concentrate I can feather it down so it’s not so sudden and violent but it seems too touchy. Can’t figure out the yellow lever, when I pushed it down I could hear air escaping but it didn’t seem to do anything. The shop that installed it doesn’t know either and their solution was to plug it off. All my other trucks were/are electric over hydraulic. Any help would be appreciated.

VenasNursery

Carpal tunnel level member
Is anyone familiar with this type of pto? This is in my new chip truck and when I lower the chip box it comes down at full speed. If I really concentrate I can feather it down so it’s not so sudden and violent but it seems too touchy. Can’t figure out the yellow lever, when I pushed it down I could hear air escaping but it didn’t seem to do anything. The shop that installed it doesn’t know either and their solution was to plug it off. All my other trucks were/are electric over hydraulic. Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry never seen one like that
When all else fails google or YouTube it

chiselbit

Branched out member
The chip body builders just got back to me and they’re going to look at it again, see what they can do. But I’d still love to hear from anyone that’s familiar with this type. And I’ll try the google/ YouTube. Thanks

Reach

Been here a while
Looks to me like the engagement switch; some PTOs have air switches to engage/disengage the PTO into the transmission. How do you engage the PTO in that truck, is there a manual lever, or is it live/engaged full time?

chiselbit

Branched out member
It has a separate toggle switch on the dash that has a guard to protect against accidental engagement. Push in the clutch then flip the switch. So maybe that yellow switch/ lever would be for trucks with automatic transmission?

craneguy1

Participating member
It has a separate toggle switch on the dash that has a guard to protect against accidental engagement. Push in the clutch then flip the switch. So maybe that yellow switch/ lever would be for trucks with automatic transmission?
Or a truck that didnt have a switch built into the dash. Sounds like they tied into one already plumbed in the truck from the factory.

chiselbit

Branched out member
Makes sense. There were 2 different entities involved in building this truck. Taking it back Monday to see what they can do Thanks for the replies

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom