Pringreen/green pillar columnar pin oak

Neill

Participating member
Anyone have any experience with these? I’ve got a job where we are being asked to reduce them and this is the first time I’ve come across them. Pretty interesting tree

evo

Been here a while
Anyone have any experience with these? I’ve got a job where we are being asked to reduce them and this is the first time I’ve come across them. Pretty interesting tree
Seems redundant to reduce a columnar tree.. I don’t know the exact cultivar but I saw one cleaned up in the arboretum and I was oddly I love. Good looking columnar opened up just enough to see the structure, it does seem counter intuitive with a oak

Neill

Participating member
Reduce to what ends?

Large species despite the cultivar
They are “blocking” some signage so instead of replacing them the idea is to try and manage their size- they are still small enough to do so- about 30 ft. Reducing down to 20-25 ft. I know… it’s not really appropriate.

Neill

Participating member
Seems redundant to reduce a columnar tree.. I don’t know the exact cultivar but I saw one cleaned up in the arboretum and I was oddly I love. Good looking columnar opened up just enough to see the structure, it does seem counter intuitive with a oak
These are fairly “ twisty” so opening them some seems a cool idea

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom