PPE for those who need it.

evo

I’m seriously dismayed that there isn’t anything said about the current state of the USA. I’m very aware that there are many here who have little to no sympathy for the folks who are getting the shit kicked out of them by the police in nearly every major city.

I’m working on getting a shipment (two or three even) of ppe to creditable orgs, so folks can protect themselves best they can. I’m thinking petzl helmets with visors, and trauma kits. These can go to street medics, on the front lines so they can stay standing long enough to treat the people. Not in like the “white hats”. Now if you have anything close the same background that I do, it’s common knowledge medics are targeted by riot cops, or anyone wearing ppe. It’s something though.

Let me know if you want in, and I will see about getting a huge order in. PPE is already on sale perhaps there are greater discounts from arb suppliers?

Njdelaney

I think this comes from a good place but if people wear helmets and visors and pepper spray stops being a deterrent, this is likely to lead to police using more force, thereby leading to more people getting injured. Helmets and visors are going to be seen by scared or aggressive police as pseudo-military(like them). Donate to the groups providing cash to bail people who get arrested out of jail. Just my .02

evo

I think this comes from a good place but if people wear helmets and visors and pepper spray stops being a deterrent, this is likely to lead to police using more force, thereby leading to more people getting injured. Helmets and visors are going to be seen by scared or aggressive police as pseudo-military(like them). Donate to the groups providing cash to bail people who get arrested out of jail. Just my .02
Agreed, it’s not my call how it gets used. Historically in my experience ppe like this is worn by street medics, and individuals documenting the police conduct. However it’s a sport to them and often folks with medic badges and or ppe get the shit kicked out of them.
I’d still like to send some out, and will send three ontop of legal aid funds.

Last edited:

ATH

Cops are beating the medics? That is some crazy stuff! Glad to live in a different world in my little town! There was a protest in front of the courthouse yesterday and policemen were there showing support for the protesters. They seem to be on the same page ... they want equal justice for all and killers prosecuted.

JeffGu

The protests in Lincoln and Omaha did get ugly after dark, but the cops and even the protesters began protecting the buildings from agitators, and calling the cops on them. So far, none of the ones arrested were locals. Some of the last batch they rounded up had already been arrested for the same stuff in 11 other states. They were using encrypted apps to organize, and were dressed in Antifa-like black garb... but it turns out they were anything but Antifa. A couple of them were quite vocal about starting a race war. Some shit just never changes.

Reactions: ATH

Njdelaney

My wife works for a union that represents hotel housekeepers and other service workers that are about 95% women of color. Large corporations, or in this case government agencies, politicians, etc are known to hire fake protesters who's job it is to incite violence among peaceful protesters or picketers to delegitimize the cause and rationalize the cops using violence. This is some dark shit we are seeing and it is as corrupt as you can imagine.

evo

Got it figured out. You can donate funds to me, or place a order via wesspur (will be calling to see if I can get a bulk price) for first aid and ppe. Head, eyes, ears are on top of the list, as well as hard core bandages. Not to mention Covid ppe. Other needs are easier to come by such as sharpies. All of which will be going to trusted folks, used for helping others.

evo

Thanks guys. I’ve dropped a little over $500 of personal funds. Should be helping folks in a day or so. I was out of cell reception all day for work, and played tag with seeing about setting up some type of system. The message I got back seemed promising, and hope to hear back with some kind of final word this evening or tomorrow am.
A few folks have contacted me. At this point you can do one of two things. You can place a order under my name and I will get it to those who need it. Or you can send me funds and I will use that money to buy first aid or ppe for the medics.

evo

Wesspur is offering me huge help, and has even donated out of their pocket. If anyone wants to help buy a gift cert put "Medic Supplies - Attention Nathan" in the comment section and I will distribute the gift code to various street medics.

Y’all rock!

Anawan

This is fantastic Evo.

Asheville Police destroyed a medic tent last night that had permission from the city and business owners to be there. Shortly after curfew police officers attacked the medics who were clearly marked and did not fight back. They proceeded to destroy (cut and drain) every bottle of water, and tear gas every piece of medical supply they had, rendering them dangerous and useless.

This is what we are up against.

Thank you for your very considerate donation. Most tree companies I know have a half dozen old forestry helmets or retired petzl helmets, y’all should donate those to local organizers.

rico

This is fantastic Evo.

Asheville Police destroyed a medic tent last night that had permission from the city and business owners to be there. Shortly after curfew police officers attacked the medics who were clearly marked and did not fight back. They proceeded to destroy (cut and drain) every bottle of water, and tear gas every piece of medical supply they had, rendering them dangerous and useless.

This is what we are up against.

Thank you for your very considerate donation. Most tree companies I know have a half dozen old forestry helmets or retired petzl helmets, y’all should donate those to local organizers.
Protect and serve while on the taxpayer dole...

Njdelaney

Video circulating of a cop pushing a 75 year old man to the ground. His head hits and immediately you can see blood pooling under his head, coming from his ear. He loses consciousness as evidenced by something dropping slowly from his hand. Buffalo, NY. The officer who pushed him down just shook his head and kept walking. This would land any of the rest of us in prison and this man may die.

Chaplain242

Man is in serious but stable condition in hospital. Vicious act by cops that when you watch the video is instantly called out by the offending cops colleagues, who call EMT, and two cops stood down pending charges. The old guy was a little dull in attempting to push through a line of cops ordered to clear the square after being told repeatedly to move. Doesn’t excuse the act.

Must remember there is 21 flavours out there. You have crisis actors (Chauvin) doing an Israeli developed knee restraint, as was used in another crisis acting episode same day different city, and also used in another crisis acting episode in Paris two days later.

Chauvin worked with Floyd for years. The club they worked at was a known money laundering business, and connected to cartels.

George Floyd’s twin brother is a 33rd degree Freemason. Trayvon Martins father was also a Freemason. Both incidents happen in an election year.

Bricks arriving at protest sites ahead of time from ACME brick who happened to have Bill Gates and Warren Buffet in their board till about 6 months ago or so

Soros paid Antifa rioters in attendance at most rallies causing trouble, police horses burned and having to be put down, cops attacked with molotovs through to being shot in the back of the head whilst resisting rioters, looting, cops seen destoying own vehicles in Minneapolis etc all whilst the Obamagate hearings are happening?

This is a psyop on steroids with rabble rousers in many countries now... yeah I think I will sit back and watch Rome burn as most people out there are allowing themselves to be used as a distraction, I applaud treating everyone with respect, but who gets involved in a play with real consequences with the actions having very little to do with fixing current day issues...

Antifa manual dropped at one of the riots ...

Attachments

Anawan

Don’t get distracted by conspiracy theories. There is a standing army of police officers who carry automatic weapons, SWAT uniforms, armored vehicles, and all manner of surveillance. We’ve seen them murder civilians day after day for our entire lives. Don’t make this more complicated than that.

I know as arborists we are more likely to have a friend / sibling / etc who is in law enforcement, keep having productive conversations with them. I see these people put on a uniform and they stop being human. Personally I think we need to rebuild the concept of policing in America from scratch.

rico

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom