Pneumatic Rope Terminations

Jemco

Somethin's been bouncin in my brain a few years now, and watchin an old vid of me workin pneumatic loppers n chainsaws, lit the ember again.

I want you to visualize a half inch bodyline, with two tiny 1/8 inch pneumatic lines at its center, and coiled or spiraled in a fashion that insures they bear no tensile weight.

On each end's termination's an un inflated miniature speedbag about the size of a throw bag, with an un inflated OD of one inch, but an inflated OD of three inches.

So by securing a rated steel ring to the line about three from each termination?

Allows a climber to pass the bag over or around the desired TIP, pass it through the ring, inflate the bag with a squeeze bulb, creating a secure TIP, that can be deflated by pushing a valve at the ropes opposite end, allowing rope retrieval from the ground.

If air bags can lift a truck.......

Could they pass muster for life support?

Jemco

Jemco

Just so happens those medical blood pressure cuff squeeze bulbs are an ideal size n configuration to squeeze into a folded Kevlar bag...

Jemco

colb

You're winning the original thought competition... If nothing else, I wonder if our ropes could have secondary purposes, or if we could ditch ropes in favor of jet packs or personal drone gear of some type. I'd like to see the first guy that uses one of those water jet tubes in combination with a pole saw to do some boat tree clearance work...

Jemco

Actually leap frogging about in a big spreading tree using either end of a single line's pretty appealing n simple.

Sure would be plush with a mechanical device that's multidirectional, or midline attachable at the very least.

I kinda like the idea of a fatter line for SRT myself.

Jemco

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom