Pine removal . Hello my name is Travor

Dragonslayer

Cool vid on a gnarly long leaf Travor! Never used a 'biner as a wedge, nice improv that looks like SOP for you. Checked out your YouTube channel, very nice. I'm a newbie at the Buzz but welcome and keep posting those vids.

oldoakman

Welcome as well Travor. Solid work. Have to say though, you look like a guy I've had to issue a number of citations to in the past. I know it's not you though, this guy would never wear any PPE or tie in with a rope, but only use a pole strap.

Travor

Welcome as well Travor. Solid work. Have to say though, you look like a guy I've had to issue a number of citations to in the past. I know it's not you though, this guy would never wear any PPE or tie in with a rope, but only use a pole strap.
I used to be the guy with no climb line or hardhat . Glad I'm far from those days . Thanks for the kind welcome

Travor

Cool vid on a gnarly long leaf Travor! Never used a 'biner as a wedge, nice improv that looks like SOP for you. Checked out your YouTube channel, very nice. I'm a newbie at the Buzz but welcome and keep posting those vids.
Thanks man , I'm a newbie here too , thanks for the welcome

RIVIEZZO TREE EXPERTS

Nice video travor and welcome to buzz. I'm confused on this cutting method you do. Why not just chunk the wood using snap cuts I think the tech term is. I feel as ur method has no control of the piece for aim and handeling imo

Travor

Thanks for the welcome , glad you enjoyed the video . Salami cuts, I assume your referring to are faster and less work / cutting IMO.

owScott

Thanks for the welcome , glad you enjoyed the video . Salami cuts, I assume your referring to are faster and less work / cutting IMO.
I agree aim the slant the direction you want the wood to go and just slice it off. I only snap cut small wood at an angle when I need control. I see guys snap cutting medium sized wood like that and wrestling the hell out of it only to drop it right where it would of went with the salami method. And with even bigger vertical wood a snap cut is slower and wastes energy.

RIVIEZZO TREE EXPERTS

theres times I'm chunking 10' pieces say. no way like a salami cut be in my mind. making more cuts cuz the pieces are smaller is more energy in my book

96coal449

Nice video travor and welcome to buzz. I'm confused on this cutting method you do. Why not just chunk the wood using snap cuts I think the tech term is. I feel as ur method has no control of the piece for aim and handeling imo
Is the snap cut the same as the rocking chair? Opposing cuts, the second being an inch or two above the lower. They then pass each other and all that's left is to grab the piece, snap it off, and chuck it. I've dropped some 8-10'ers this way with a good shove.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom