Pierece 2T Dump Bed Kit?

DBH

Has anyone ever used or installed a Pierece 2T dump bed kit? Closing in on an F-350 (non dumping but has a bed) and am eager to have a plan in place for converting it.

I found this review entertaining:

Thank ye!

Reach

Been here a while
Has anyone ever used or installed a Pierece 2T dump bed kit? Closing in on an F-350 (non dumping but has a bed) and am eager to have a plan in place for converting it.

I found this review entertaining:

Thank ye!
Never done that, but we have installed a hoist on a flatbed and turned it into a dump.

I would be a little hesitant to put a hoist under a pickup bed, I’m not sure a pickup bed has enough strength to handle much real dumping.

Jonny

Been here a while
Love the idea, and I’ve daydreamed about that kit on my F250 pickup.
Probably never gonna pull the trigger on it, but looks cool.

Reactions: DBH
That was my plan for my next truck. I’m using a tail gate unloader or load handler that’s like the next step. But was told by my mechanic the same thing the beds going to get beat up. But I chip and load logs by hand into my pick up now and it’s fine.

lumberjackson

Yep! I used that exact kit. It's awesome, but has limitations like the others have already mentioned for sure. I reinforced my stock bed, and it held up ok if you are just planning on occasional light duty use. The biggest problem with trying to use a stock pickup bed as a dump bed is all the flex. That kit is mounted off-center so the drive shaft or tranny or something (I forget) has enough room, so if you load her up with a heavy load, not only does the hoist try to punch a hole through the bottom where it's attached to the bed, but the bed also twists and gets all sorts of screwed up. It only took one dump on a very slight side hill for the bed to be permanently twisted so the bed didn't sit totally flat on the frame when it's empty and the front of the bed was shifted about 1.5" to the left so it didn't line up with the cab. I built a custom chip box and scrapped the stock bed after a few months which was my plan all along and it's been going great for the last year and a half.

The other big problem I have run into because of the dump kit is that fact that F250s and F350s are not meant to be dump trucks! They can tow great, but they're just not built for big payloads. Constantly loading it to it's GVWR (and sometimes above... whoops) is destroying my entire drivetrain, brakes, steering, and suspension. You can only haul like 5 yards of chips before you're over GVWR. I put air bags on my back axle to help my suspension and it made a huge difference. I definitely recommend that too if you frequently load your truck near its rated capacity.

So in short, I'd say it's a good kit, the biggest limitations are the flimsy stock bed and the truck they're meant to be put on. Send me a message if you need any help!

96coal449

Carpal tunnel level member
Another concern is part of the load getting trapped ahead of the wheel wells. I concur on the posts about a standard pick up box not handling the loads and getting distorted. The kit would work well with a flatbed as mentioned. Another thought is gust getting a dump insert for the bed. They can wobble a little from side to side, when adding taller sides and filling to capacity. Other than that they work good and I have witnessed guys work the dickens out off 'em.

Jehinten

Carpal tunnel level member
I'm not sure the cost of that kit, but how would it compare to an old 1 ton dump truck or possibly a wrecked dump truck that you could swap the beds on? I've seen 80's 1 tons with a 12' dump bed for about $1500-$2000. Many of them are electric instead of pto, which would make switching them over even easier.

You would just need to take some frame measurements to ensure a good fit.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom