Outriggers work, but bucket and dump bed wont!!!

DeanS

Hey guys, I have a 2015 ford f750 bucket truck with chip box but when I engage the pto I can put the out riggers down( they go past the safe switch point) and I will flip the switch to engage the bucket and you can hear it switch over, but it still wont move or anything. I have checked the emergency stop (when upper controls are engaged) by bucket controls and I have make sure lower hand controls was switched to lower to try with the lower controls but still no luck. When I push and hold the piece in the picture down it sounds like it let's the hydro fluid past then everything works like it should. It will automatically pop back up if I let go . What is that valve called?

Attachments

Winchman

I've never owned and have rarely operated complex hydraulic equipment, but I'd GUESS that valve is there to let you get the truck configured so that you can drive it to the shop to fix what's wrong. It might be called an emergency operation valve or back-up oil supply valve.

Last edited:

Jonny

I wonder if it’s recognizing that the outriggers are actually down. There’s likely some kind of limit switch or proximity switch on each outrigger, and those switches need to be happy for the boom to function. If a switch is off or not working, it’ll interlock the boom.

DeanS

I wonder if it’s recognizing that the outriggers are actually down. There’s likely some kind of limit switch or proximity switch on each outrigger, and those switches need to be happy for the boom to function. If a switch is off or not working, it’ll interlock the boom.
I can hear the switches click when the out riggers go down to the desired safe level, so they are working. I believe it has to do with that valve that's inside the pedestal that I took a picture of but I'm not 100%.

Jonny

What’s the manufacturer of the boom? Is there connections at the bucket to run hydraulic tools and if so, is there a valve to select if you’re sending juice to boom or auxiliary tools?

There’d probably be an obvious leak somewhere if this was the problem, but did you check the hydraulic oil level with the outriggers stowed?

DeanS

What’s the manufacturer of the boom? Is there connections at the bucket to run hydraulic tools and if so, is there a valve to select if you’re sending juice to boom or auxiliary tools?

There’d probably be an obvious leak somewhere if this was the problem, but did you check the hydraulic oil level with the outriggers stowed?
Terex, yes I have checked the controls at the bucket and made sure that neither tool is selected and also emergency switch is off. I ran it for awhile and haven't seen a leak but I will check hydro fluid in the morning. I'm pretty sure it was in bottom bubble but not in top. I will get some hydro fluid and add it just to see what it does.

DeanS

Sorry, I been really busy so haven't got a chance to get back on here yet. I added hydro fluid to it and it started working. That's crazy because the tank has the 2 bubble sights and the bottom bubble had it but the top one didnt. I guess I'm going to have to keep an eye in that. Thank yall for helping me out!!!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom