Out of the box DMM Captain Hook bag

moss

One of my customers runs a "Recycle it Forward" program where she collects unwanted clothing, shoes, etc. from her town and redistributes it to various programs providing resources to area homeless shelters and other worthy support charities. After some charities had stopped by and collected stuff I was shown the leftovers. Picked up a decent sweater, then... saw this ladies hand bag, I instantly envisioned it as Hook bag. My stock DMM Hook bag has fallen apart. This hand bag is built super tough, heavy-duty zipper on top, smooth rope friendly/snag free interior, corner reinforcements and solid brass rings for hanging stuff on. I cut the too-short strap off and did a temporary over the shoulder shoulder/chest strap with a couple slings. Will sew up a webbing strap.

Functionality is excellent, the long narrow top shape dispenses rope super smooth and is quicker to stuff line back in than a conventional small DMM bag. DMM take notice! ;-) I like the over the chest/shoulder better than attaching the bag to my harness, stays out of the way, easy to "install" without messing with my harness belt.

Plus people can make fun of me at climbs which gives me the chance to laugh or give them the finger, depending.

-AJ

JTree

I see by the OP that you knew what to expect

1) nice find, homie. Looks very functional

2) I was about to scoop up a hard side pink suitcase for the purpose of holding my pole tools (for a mere 10 bucks), but sadly the FB marketplace deal fell through when the lady failed to show.

3) you'll need to pick up a different one in spring. The color is all wrong for spring.

moss

And WTF on Tuesdays I teach urban middle school after-school art and nature with some axes and knives thrown in to keep them off balance... I went to my favorite after-school pub for a brew and food and it’s Drag Bingo Night! I don’t have my hooker bag with me unfortunately.
-AJ

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom