OTCC

Mangoes

The Ontario Tree Climbing Championship rolls into the City of Sarnia this month. The competition takes place on Saturday, September 17 in Sarnia’s Canatara Park. Preliminary events begin at 8:30 a.m. and a trade show of arborist equipment and services will be featured throughout the day.

Shoot, I'd have gone to help if I knew before 4:00 yesterday when I booked a removal for all day tomm. Next year. That's funny too cuz I was wondering the other day if you competed in addition to all the volunteering. Good luck, have fun, be safe.

Norm_Hall

Mangoes, BEST OF LUCK, you will do well. Count me in next year as well. John and I could ride together, eh John? Our comp next year is on Sept. 9th. Do you know when yours is?

Mangoes

Women's Division:
2nd place - Trish Lear
1st place - Wenda Li (nice work Wenda)

Men's Division:
4th place - Iain Pike
3rd place - Andrew Drummond
2nd place - Sean Hoondert
1st place.....breaking the previous OTCC record of consecutive wins....John Ransom with number 5 in a row.

A great day in the end, many hard faught battles, some hard luck (Mark Cooke who is an impressive sight to see in a work climb, dropped a saw) and lots of fellowship. Thanks to all of the judges and volunteers who made the day happen.

Oh and little 'ole me, I dissapointed myself with some poor performances, and fell a notch or 2 from my last couple of comps.

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
Well done Wenda and John. /forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kevin, being there and having the right "spirit" is more precious than doing your best. I too would like to win every comp I enter, but it really is more important to participate in good spirits than it is to win or lose. I'm sure that I;m not the only one that feels this way. Right?

tod_k

Right. I,ve been competing for 13 years, and am still haveing a ton of fun. This year was Brian Kotwica's 15 th, year.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom