Odd rope construction

dmonn

Participating member
I found an OLD piece of rope from my Hobie Cat racing days. The rope could be as old as 40 yrs. It has an 8 strand braided outer cover with 8 threads per strand, a braided core, 8 strands, with 5 threads per strand, and a parallel inner core with 2 twisted strands having 4 strands with each strand having 8 threads per strand. Anybody ever see rope like this and know what advantages that construction gives it? 16263749355961745423891136962899.jpg

Tachyon has a second inner core like this, parallel strands inside the braided core help the rope maintain it's shape and not flatten in use. Not sure about any other advantages or disadvantages

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

dmonn

Participating member
Tachyon has a second inner core like this, parallel strands inside the braided core help the rope maintain it's shape and not flatten in use. Not sure about any other advantages or disadvantages

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Thanks. That makes sense, since it was running through blocks and cam cleats. I think it was used for the main traveler on a Hobie 16.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom