NYSA Annual Meeting 2016

Climber429

I'm going to attempt to make it to the NYSA Annual Meeting held January 31, 2016 & February 1, 2016 @ the Crowne Plaza, Suffern, NY

Does anyone else plan to attend this conference or have in the past? I am an NYSA ISA Chapter student member until the end of 2015 but thinking of renewing and eventually certifying. Just wondering if it's worth a shot. Never been to anything like this but i'd very much like to attend and i believe CEU's are credited by attending.

Ability to register online at www.nysarborists.com or print out the PDF to send to the NYSA in Albany, NY (which is where i'm located).

oldoakman

Conferences like this are always good. You learn stuff from the presenters, meet people that are like minded and learn how to network. I would make every effort to attend if I were you.

Climber429

Mr Chisholm is one of the confirmed speakers, reason dnough for me to be there. Although i am only a student member, i hope i'm still able to attend. I will definitely try to make it, missed the EXPO in Pittsburgh but really would like get to this one.

I've been looking at all the study material thats offered online. Just a couple books or DVD study material really adds up in price! It would take me a lifetime to purchase everything out there so i'm trying my best to find used study material or other literature to learn. Many Arb friends have helped me out with great books, very thankful for them. I like to learn anything i possibly can about things that interest me. So i will try my best to get to this!

Climber429

Nice, i want to make a resolution next year to become certified or take as many seminars/expo's/courses/ceu's as possible on the way to be certified. Chainsaw Safety certs already but still have alot to learn!

Climber429

Each session is listed on the NYSA website under annual conference scheduling hours. Show credits turned in for TCIA, ISA and others for each you attend.
I'll try to edit with the link or pic of the schedule..

EDIT: Preliminary Schedule

Jim Maloney

Networking is how we find our Contract Arborists, Climber429. They are also who we hire directly so don't miss an opportunity to meet and greet. Where in NY are you? We hold CA study sessions here in Syracuse through the winter months if your interested.

Hey, Dan! We'll have that beer together at Suffern!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom