Job DescriptionCERTIFIED ARBORIST / CONSULTING UTILITY FORESTER
As an independent utility vegetation management consulting contractor, Atlas Field Services, LLC has supported our client's vegetation management programs since 2016. Our company consists of ISA Certified Arborists and Utility Specialists that verify and Audit tree contractor’s work for compliance with client specifications and needs.
Atlas Field Services (AFS) is currently seeking a Certified Arborist /Consulting Utility Forester to join our team as a fulltime employee. We are looking for energetic professionals who enjoy working outdoors. This position will directly contribute to providing a more reliable electric system while proactively managing forest health for the prevention of wildfire. This role is ideal for seasoned forestry and utility vegetation management subject matter experts looking to contribute their knowledge and effective communication skills within a team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. * Accurately identify dead and dying trees affected by drought and other environmental conditions
- Inspect overhead power lines for proper vegetation clearance
- Perform inspection and work verification on post pre-inspection and post tree-trimming work
- Document information for client’s vegetation management program
- Inspect and assess trees for hazard or danger potential
- Audit tree contractor's work for compliance with client specifications and needs
- Assist in storm and emergency situations and other miscellaneous line clearance projects.
- Communicate daily with the client, contractors, landowners, and public
- Perform duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, or related field preferred
- ISA Certified Arborist Designation
- Certified Tree Safety Professional (CTSP) is a plus
- Experience in Forestry, Arboriculture or Horticulture a plus
- Must possess tree identification skills and the ability to read maps
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving abilities, the ability to multi-task and an attention to detail
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain
- Must be good with technology and have basic computer and smart phone skills
- Operate a 4x4 vehicle on rough roads
- Bi-lingual speaking (English and Spanish) is a plus
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including: walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; carry, push and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (5 to 10 lbs.); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Safety is a top priority at Atlas Field Services. Successful candidates will be committed to their personal safety and of others. The role will require to have a general understanding and the ability to identify
safety hazards and report any unsafe working conditions. The position requires to be an active participant in safety briefings and to deliver industry specific safety messages to a broad audience when called upon.
- Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
What we offer:
- Industry competitive compensation
- Truck or all-terrain vehicle allowance
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
Pay: From $35.00 per hour