Now HAAS and SAKA can sue me

evo

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg A while back I said that I would share my iteration of the current form of knee ascenders. Total build costs less than $10 as the pantin came free from treestuff. Small and compact.
I'm probaly not going to post build instructions but will be happy to answer any questions.

Pelorus

The Greeks probably got that minor detail figured out.
Best of luck to you in your new life as a pizza deliveryman in Omaha, Nebraska. And don't be trying to contact anyone like JeffGu.

CreTree

Is that the one you Found near the Salvation Army dumpster? Use it with care, you never know where these things come from.

Sgriff

Meh i feel like the haas creator made it more readily available for splicers to make thier own as to where the saka creator pulled his instructions as soon as some coin showed face. That turned me off for sure. I use the haas i made way more than the saka I purchased....

Sgriff

Yours is pretty slick evo,whats the black covering ? I also ended up with tubing on the outside,I bought the wrong diameter something

LimbLoppa

F#ck em Evo, I got your back and I'm about as "goon" as they come! Looks like someone came up with a great idea to me! Feel free to call if you need protection.

NE Tree

The Greeks probably got that minor detail figured out.
Best of luck to you in your new life as a pizza deliveryman in Omaha, Nebraska. And don't be trying to contact anyone like JeffGu.
There's nothing wrong with Omaha Ne. I think JeffGu may have tarnished our good name. :nocausagracia::wtf::cachetada:

evo

Yours is pretty slick evo,whats the black covering ? I also ended up with tubing on the outside,I bought the wrong diameter something
I had some strange looks while walking into the hardware store. The tubing in mine is buried, and then exits so I could use the buckle part of the pantin. The black is just shrink wrap, extra thick with adhesive. I didn't need it anywhere really, but for the top as I couldn't find a efficient way to back splice the double braid cover.
I made a SAKA from the original instructions that were posted. I made it a too short. I found it clunky and thought it could be stream lined a little, which were my goals. That is why I suck with 1/2 double braid and used the smallest ascender I could think of (for this application). The black marks in the middle are sharpie. The cord was just a short piece I had and I used it for some practice splices years ago, so I pulled them out for this project.
The first version of this was thrown together, and rough around the edges. I just wanted to see if it would work, which it did, so I refined it to clean it up a bit.

macswan

View attachment 39846 View attachment 39847 View attachment 39848 A while back I said that I would share my iteration of the current form of knee ascenders. Total build costs less than $10 as the pantin came free from treestuff. Small and compact.
I'm probaly not going to post build instructions but will be happy to answer any questions.
I'm gonna sue you....not sure why yet. I'll figure something out. You'll be hearing from my lawyer

evo

I'm gonna sue you....not sure why yet. I'll figure something out. You'll be hearing from my lawyer
THANKS! I'm honored some one cares enough to sue me!

It looks really clean and streamline. Nice job. Did you do a locking brummel on the bottom?
Yes I did a locking brummel and just buried the tail in with the tubes. I wanted to do a back splice on the top too but I couldn't due to the ascender in the way (more like I didn't want to mess with it).