not my setup

treesap

one of my local arborist's/friends got a new chipper a few weeks ago, im gonna be testing it out some soon

from what ive heard its a beast
1620744860571.png
kinda random post, but I will try and update it once Ive seen this chipper in action, maybe do a little review

treesap

will do, he is bringing it over at some point to chip a pile free of charge, so im not gonna make him take time off work, although im thinking this week some time

watched some video's on it, it seems to be able to swallow just about anything (up to 12")

Brando CalPankian

At Davey in Cleveland we had some that would pretty well chip whole trees. They're pretty kick ass. I'd mostly ran morbarks and bandits. The vermeer takes a little getting used to, but by far the safest ones.

What's your setup look like??

treesap

my chipper is a little craftsman chipper shredder, works alright, although for some reason no matter where the throttle is it runs wide open

and for a truck, dont have one, since I am currently only doing rec climbs, and occasional small working climbs for friends, I dont need a truck

Brando CalPankian

Ahh! I've actually never used the little shredder deals before. I don't have a truck either, as I'm just getting back into tree care after a year hiatus. I mob in my 06 honda element. Take the seats out and I've got a truck bed for limbs and tools! Lol

Jehinten

As mentioned the safeties on that chipper is kind of a pain (who'd of thought we wouldn't want as safe of a machine, when said machine could cut us into thousands of tiny pieces :ROFLMAO: ) the biggest pain I remember when running one was anytime a branch bumps the red bars you have to recognize it, then walk over and hit the green button to get it running again. Instead of just pulling on the feedwheel bar. Certain limbs will hit that bar over and over until you cut them up before chipping

That said, the chipper does work very well.

Last edited:

27RMT0N

I've been running a 2008 BC100XL with the 89hp Cummins diesel for... just under 4 years now, I think the one you posted here is a few years newer than that.

Other than having to do some major work fixing the previous owners neglect, it hasn't given me a single problem and I've been very happy with it. At the time I bought it largely because it was a 12" I could afford and was in my region, and because it didn't look like a rusty POS. The things I like are that it is light compared to other 12" chippers, it feeds really smooth and safe, auto-feed works great and I've literally never clogged it and it fires chips far as well has having a very flexible discharge shoot that lets you put chips right where you want them when shooting piles or between trees in the woods. When it comes to fir and alder, I can pretty much have two guys feeding it constantly and it just keeps going without slowing down much at all. The biggest drawbacks for me are no winch and the infeed isn't very strong, meaning I have to do more straightening than I'd like. As far as the safety-bar on the feed table, I kinda like it. Thought I'd hate it, but much of my brush is pretty straight fir-limbs and I almost never hit it by accident. But I do use it a lot to stop the wheels, just bump it on purpose to stop the infeed when I need or want to.

DSCN2743 (Custom).JPG

DSCN7622 (Custom).JPG

P1460796 (Custom).JPG

DSCN4585 (Custom).JPG

treesap

on a side note, my little chipper does great taking the large chips I get from my local arborist, and turning them into usable sizing, just shovel them in, and it spits em back out nice and small

treesap

update, probably not gonna get to run that chipper, but im sure he will bring it over one of these days to show it off, I will try to remember to get pictures if he does

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom