North Carolina ornamental tree ID

colb

Hi folks, I'm in NC visiting friends and this tree that I ID'd before is giving me a headache. We do not have them in my area of Florida, with a possible exception or two and I can't ID the cultivar anyways. What are the options for my PlantANT search? The goal is to plant the same tree near this one to eventually serve the same function. The leaves are green and the flowers are a white cherry-type blossum tansitioning to a pink center. Screenshot_20200126-093610_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200126-093602_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200126-093544_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200126-093450_Gallery.jpg

oldoakman

Is a Prunus. like you said, cultivars are near impossible to determine in the field. Probably not Okame though. Recover from Geezers yet? Thanks for the shout out in the Legends thread. That climb inspired me for the remaining events in the comp.

colb

Is a Prunus. like you said, cultivars are near impossible to determine in the field. Probably not Okame though. Recover from Geezers yet? Thanks for the shout out in the Legends thread. That climb inspired me for the remaining events in the comp.
PlantANT has a Prunus yedoensis that looks likely... Thanks for letting me know that my task is what it is, lol.

I've recovered, but visited a climbing gym for the first time in a while and am recovering anew. Did a V2, so the gym is only inflating their ratings by two Vs!

Seeing a guy like you truck up a line like you did is inspiring. It kind of puts everyone on notice about the level of effort and technical dedication that is expected over the course of the competition. Same with that guy who footlocked. It's a great way to start a comp.