NFPA-780 Standards. Lightning protection, trees and conductor specs.

benfuest

To continue from my post last year re the restoration of down conductor specification in the NFPA-780
I can confirm that after extensive research by myself and others we concluded that there was absolutly NO scientific evidence to support the performance claims made, published or otherwise. And that the feeble conductor should not be considered fit for use. The NFPA-780 has been restored, as has the credibility of the lightning protection comunity.
While this may well not be good news to those that claim to have installed hundreds of these systems, Guy where are you? It is with out doupt good for the industry, the client and the trees. The LPI-175 and ANSI standards will also re instate the original specification. How long that takes, I dont no, the important thing is it has begun and those responsible for the shamful reduction in specification will of course be able to put there view foward and provide the scientific evidence to support there claims. Perhaps with somthing a little more substantive than Guys comment in the last post on this topic. (unlike people fuses dont lie) Perhaps Guy you would like to elaborate on that one?

benfuest

So Guy. No sarcastic coments, re my interests in the copper market. But then it must be dificult playing to the crowd when you,ve been proven wrong at such a fundementle level. My spelling still hasnt improved, perhaps you can get a beed on that again and take a shot. Lets face it reducing conductor spec by 75% was at best idiotic. Next time you and your pals could try and form a drum circle round the base of the tree and see if that works. Anything is better than writting to your hundreds of customers explaining that your work is no longer supported by the NFPA. And if all else fails you could blame it on the Limey without science! Good luck with the rest of your carrier and remember its nothing personal !

benfuest

"All that is needed as basic climbing skills and the ability to swing a hammer, gently".

A quote from your self Guy, I copied and pasted. Amazing!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom