NEW version of CMI RP141 dual tie-in micro pulley - small holes!

MikoDel

Just a quick note, the picture on some of your favorite gear sites may look familiar, but unfortunately when it arrives you'll be stuck w/this.

I like a lobster claw for my working end cause it doesn't entangle in carabiners. No way will that work w/the new piece. In fact, for a long time I was using a lighter, alum version of a lob claw when my saddle had D rings. The frame of that piece is much wider than the steel. When I started using the alum claw with the CMI dual pulley I noticed the fat alum claw could move only so far, but then had a hard stop thru the pulley. I didn't like that so I went back to steel.

My CMI dual micro is probably over ten years old. Not that I have any reason to think it will fail, but I use it for every climb with my rope bridge saddle, so I thought a backup might be prudent.

Options?
*I can use my old DMI hitch climber for attachment along a rope bridge.

*Maybe a CMI triple RP151? (the CMI triple LOOKS like it still has the larger holes, but WHO KNOWS what's gonna show up on my doorstep!)

*A machine shop can enlarge the 4 attachment points on the new pulley to the orig. 22mm size.

Jeez, sorry CMI but that was a bonehead move. Just lower the 7000lb MBS rating. Don't make the gear such that it only fits the smallest carabiners!

Attachments

• CMI_webpic.jpg
    CMI_webpic.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 68
  • CM_old_vs_newRS.jpeg
    CM_old_vs_newRS.jpeg
    720.3 KB · Views: 69
  • CMI_LobClawRS.jpeg
    CMI_LobClawRS.jpeg
    443.4 KB · Views: 68

MikoDel

It's 2021 buy a carabiner
yeah i don't have any of them things lying around, right? Ha! here's part of an email i wrote to CMI:
'As a daily climber, one of the actions we do repeatedly is re-crotch to get higher in the tree. Nothing aims, throws farther, and coaxes back to me thru grabby bark more reliably than heavy steel. I have a steel claw on both the working end of my MRS and on the end of my 18' positioning lanyard, both of which are thrown and retrieved repeatedly during the course of most jobs. Personally I have found they're a great choice for that kind of maneuver.'

now my other answer to Ur little QUIP is, you can't believe how SMALL the attachment points are. a lot of 'biners won't even fit. and say i use one that does... i can't even rotate it thru the pulley to change where the gate faces, or for whatever reason. Unacceptable!

Attachments

• unnacceptable.jpg
    unnacceptable.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

evo

Been here a while
yeah i don't have any of them things lying around, right? Ha! here's part of an email i wrote to CMI:
'As a daily climber, one of the actions we do repeatedly is re-crotch to get higher in the tree. Nothing aims, throws farther, and coaxes back to me thru grabby bark more reliably than heavy steel. I have a steel claw on both the working end of my MRS and on the end of my 18' positioning lanyard, both of which are thrown and retrieved repeatedly during the course of most jobs. Personally I have found they're a great choice for that kind of maneuver.'

now my other answer to Ur little QUIP is, you can't believe how SMALL the attachment points are. a lot of 'biners won't even fit. and say i use one that does... i can't even rotate it thru the pulley to change where the gate faces, or for whatever reason. Unacceptable!
Whoa your are one of those customers? Not to be too much of a smart ass, but get over it and get a steel carabiner. Snaps are so 90’s….

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom