New Truck Painted!! Please Help!

ROYCE

Hi all. Purchased a new bucket tuck and looking to get it painted before it goes into service. I know myself and if I do not set something up for the truck to be immediately sent in for paint, it will never make it their. Truck is garaged in Chesterfield NH. So, must be within 2 hours from their to make it worth my while.

tc262

I've had trucks done at Macco that I was happy with the quality for the price. If your local one has a bay big enough to get it inside will likely be the issue. They can really get the price down if you or one of your guys takes things like trim rings, window seals, mirrors ect off.

ROYCE

I've had trucks done at Macco that I was happy with the quality for the price. If your local one has a bay big enough to get it inside will likely be the issue. They can really get the price down if you or one of your guys takes things like trim rings, window seals, mirrors ect off.
That is my biggest issue is getting someone with a bay that is big enough to fit the truck in. I will look into Macco and see if their is one around me. Thanks!!

RoyalTree

Ahh, we won't judge. Well maybe a bit.....

What did you buy? What made you choose a bucket truck over a lift?

JD3000

Most well-known member
British racing green, a sweet spoiler, and an espresso maker for the bucket.

And a cool red KIT light on the front with a shirtless Hasselhoff action mural on the hood.

ROYCE

Ahh, we won't judge. Well maybe a bit.....

What did you buy? What made you choose a bucket truck over a lift?
Okay!! I just need to get rid of the yellow and paint the cab green to match my other trucks. Truck is actually in really good condition. 62 feet of boom. All new cylinders and cables so it is up to current code. DT 466. I am not sure of the HP, but it feels way more powerful than my current cat 3116. This is also a non CDL vehicle.

Went with this over lift because of price, better suits my current set up. But I do plan to add a lift to the crew in the new few years.

Attachments

ROYCE

Royce, have you looked at a wrap? I don't know how common they are out there but it might be cheaper.
I did, they said they could do one for the cab, but it would not hold up very well because the way the hood hinges. But, then again maybe they just didn't want to do it. I still would have to paint the boom.

I am hoping to get it all painted for 6K, is that wishful thinking?

flyingsquirrel25

We painted trucks right in the bays at Donny's shop I'm sure Joe remembers. I'll ask my buddy out in guilford if he's interested or if he knows someone. He was always painting something big, even did a green mountain power bucket truck once i think.
Although a lot of the guys used to wait till summer, hose the ground down and paint outside! But that was a long time ago!!!!

tc262

Royce, Have you considered just painting all the yellow your green. Wouldn't be a twin to your fleet but would still match, be cheaper, and easier.

tc262

Depending on the quality of job you're after 6k could be way high or way low. Kinda like tree removal. Do you want it bombed in the yard, trucks and skid loaders running across the lawn with no mats or do you want everything rigged out and the yard left in as nice of shape as when you arrived? The price can vary greatly depending on quality and time required.

Last edited: