New to tree buzz

Hello everyone just saying im here now and i will be posting frequently. I will show my gear tomarrow. Im 19 with around 7 years experience with tree work mostly logging and brush at first but now a few years aborist doing large removals right down to ornamental pruning ive done cableing and climbed also bucket work but lets keep it brief anyway just saying hello.

Attachments

Thank you, glad to be here. I will post my gear tomarrow and some awesome pictures. Looking to be certified when i get more jobs to pay for gear and all that

Im always looking for a decent tree to climb and get practice. Currently im doing carpentry but needing more side jobs with treework. I only got my 372 going for now so im limited to low paying jobs. Soon hopefully ill get a brand new husky the best they got and get to the canopy haha sounds great doesnt it

Attachments

Im always looking for a decent tree to climb and get practice. Currently im doing carpentry but needing more side jobs with treework. I only got my 372 going for now so im limited to low paying jobs. Soon hopefully ill get a brand new husky the best they got and get to the canopy haha sounds great doesnt it
Edit: i did remove an oak and did some rigging i was up there limbing with a 20 inch bar but man does it give your arms a workout haha. Pulled the 40 or so ft so stem down. Its base was around 3 feet. A Decent tree had fair amount of lean toward road nothing major though . landed parralel to road as expected with a line 30 degrees opposite the road redirect to a truck. All on snow i walked away and said pull and she came down. It was pretty much MY first real removal i made 450 paid 60 to my ground guy. So it was underbid but i did it in a day so learning experience and all that too.

Jonny

Good stuff man, welcome!

Custom carpentry always looked like satisfying work. Thinking of milling fine lumber in the future?

I know I don't really know your whole background, but at 19 years old, I'm almost certain you could learn alot from a mentor. You could go farther faster if you go work for a good reputable local arborist that is willing to put you on a full time production crew. I'm not saying you can't get it done safely now, but there's ALOT that can go wrong, and shit can go wrong in the blink of an eye.

Old school or new school, you (me, and everybody) still need to learn and learning is easier with a teacher.

Last edited:
Yeah your right, carpentry is great we are just about done with a 4 million dollar project started last year. It was partially a remodel but we added probably 2000 or more sq ft. Its a total of around 4000 sq ft. Also messing up on little things isnt a big deal usually, but in tree work it could be life threatening. I would almost (i do sometimes) call my self a professional as ive
Taught people how to safely run chainsaw and some equipment. But other than the company owner of Cliff Side Tree Service, i am the foreman or the guy in charge. I would also love to do some milling on my next job im hoping to get a nice log to mill up. What should i make if i do?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom