New (I think) Retrievable Redirect

monkeylove

No Ford jokes :cry: okay, how about "Damn, you really are a redneck lol.

I like the concept but might worry about the biner slipping. Can it be rotated around a little further?

evo

You could just punch out the rivet on the lower part of the gate and reverse the orientation of your biner. Then you have your hole, and a stiffer angle too.

Toomuchsawdust

It's actually pretty tough to pull it out after loading it on just the steering wheel. I'll try it out in tree and see how it goes.

Toomuchsawdust

You could just punch out the rivet on the lower part of the gate and reverse the orientation of your biner. Then you have your hole, and a stiffer angle too.
I like the gate taped open so it doesn't catch on the other side when pulled.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
It seems kin to those stick-locked exploding knots that @moss has been working with for a while. Just more modern materials.

Switch that biner with a stick?

moss

Yep, that's it, that's where I was going next Toomuchsawdust after I saw the Imp video. Been busy on a project last two months, no time! You might have trouble getting that to release with the deepish groove, will be interesting to see what happens! It will just be a matter of tuning it to find the sweet spot.

Edit: I looked at you photos again, looks just about perfect on second look, should release fine ;-)
-AJ

moss

I've thought about "grippy grooves" also, you keep a straight profile but put parallel shallow grooves across the grain.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom