New Edelrid Saddle?

Jonny

Looks nice!
Other saddle manufacturers are paying attention now. Lower Ds for work positioning and easily replaced rope bridges. Looks like prusik adjustability on that green bridge.
Looks like bungee inside webbing on the back of the leg straps.

Thanks for sharing that man! Very interested to learn more about it.

Jonny

Yes I believe he did say that.

Does anyone think that prusik on the bridge could be released by the ring and let all the length out until it hits the stopper knot? A Rook/ Hydra probably would... looking at it from my tiny lil phone though.

climbstihl

I've tried a priction hitch adjuster on my TM bridge, yes it can get released.
Looking at the harness closely, it could be that the belay loop is removable, it that whole suspension can be removed, I think that's a game changer.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
I don’t try to keep up with the evolution of saddles. Too many with too many variations

It seems that this saddle has an adjustable bridge using a Prusik.

Is this the first factory built adjustable bridge?

If not what company offer d the first adjustable?when was that?

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
I don’t try to keep up with the evolution of saddles. Too many with too many variations

It seems that this saddle has an adjustable bridge using a Prusik.

Is this the first factory built adjustable bridge?

If not what company offer d the first adjustable?when was that?
Petzl released their first one a while ago. Maybe 2016? I don't think they come on saddles, but they are definitely for that and allowed to be used in that application.

climbstihl

Update on the saddle, which is called the Tree Rex. Watch the video, gives a good look, if you speak german there is a lot of good information, if not I'll give a quick summary of the stuff you can't easily see.
The leg loops have a plastic reinforcement with some type of foam over it
The rear central attachment point is rated for life support like a TM, hence the EN 358 marking
The saddle comes with the black prusik cord which has an aramid core. The guy advocated using it as a cut resistant backup to the primary bridge as well.
You can run one or two bridges, with 0 to both of them being adjustable.
The belay loop is completely removable.
The first aid pouch (without contents i believe) comes with the saddle, with a nice tether option.
The side to lower D adjustments are easily adjusted, including under load.

Tree Access

In the video he says the belay loop (the call it SRT loop, ähem) is also modular and you can put it on or not. Looking forward to see details of the lower d-rings...

Joeybagodonuts

Interesting approach with the adjustable bridge. I like the idea of that alot better than mechanical teeth. I'm going to assume this will become the golden calf for all those who can't decide between adjustable or dual & haven't found a safe/uncluttered manner to implement them both.

I really wish one if these manufacturers would sell the lower D's seperate..

Or that someone would come back out with a 4/1 rig plate like that old Petzl Penta plate or 3M's disco'd 4/1 plate. It would make adding dual bridges a lot cleaner & all while retaining a bigger useable foward facing lower D. Although i never saw them in person, those plates i just referenced looked like they would be perfect to build off of while maintaining OEM design.

Still looks same old. Nothing will sway me from a TM. It is the best harness for me on the market. The way the harmess allows for full 180 rotation is incredible. The new sequoia still lacks in that area. FOR COMFORT IN THAT POSITION REACHING OUT AT A TIP.
Yo Swing.. I'm curious about your 180° reference.
Do you believe it's the suspension design that allows this or the longer stock bridge length that will wrap around your side? A combination of both?

I'm running a MB with the bridge setup like the Evo, i have it dialed in a good amount longer than the stock MB bridge length & really don't feel all that limited with rotating. When it was the stock length i recall having less rotation ability. I'm tempted to try the Evo but suspension design looks so similar, I'm not sure I'd benefit in this department.

climbstihl

Interesting approach with the adjustable bridge. I like the idea of that alot better than mechanical teeth. I'm going to assume this will become the golden calf for all those who can't decide between adjustable or dual & haven't found a safe/uncluttered manner to implement them both.

I really wish one if these manufacturers would sell the lower D's seperate..

Or that someone would come back out with a 4/1 rig plate like that old Petzl Penta plate or 3M's disco'd 4/1 plate. It would make adding dual bridges a lot cleaner & all while retaining a bigger useable foward facing lower D. Although i never saw them in person, those plates i just referenced looked like they would be perfect to build off of while maintaining OEM design.

Yo Swing.. I'm curious about your 180° reference.
Do you believe it's the suspension design that allows this or the longer stock bridge length that will wrap around your side? A combination of both?

I'm running a MB with the bridge setup like the Evo, i have it dialed in a good amount longer than the stock MB bridge length & really don't feel all that limited with rotating. When it was the stock length i recall having less rotation ability. I'm tempted to try the Evo but suspension design looks so similar, I'm not sure I'd benefit in this department.
I think the primary thing is that the leg loops slide through the lower D's, so they stay properly oriented on your leg when rotating. The MB is similar I believe.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom