Need Ground Protection Mat Recommendations

treesandmore

Hi Everyone! Sorry if this is already an existing thread--I looked but couldn't find anything. What ground protection mats do you currently use on jobsites? We have just been using plywood over the last year, but I have to replace it so often that it's a hassle. We received a quote from Greatmats a few weeks ago, but any other companies that you guys would personally recommend would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Jonny

Our friend Steve might have found you a bargain if there’s any left. Good luck!

Reach

I second Alturnamats
They wear like iron
They sure do! Only damage we ever did to one was with a skidloader with very aggressive tire chains - unusual situation, got a chipper stuck in the mud and ended up with a loader pulling it out through more mud. Had to mat the chipper, and spun the chains on the mats. Oops. It flattened out a couple of the treads, but that was all. No other damage, the mats still look almost new otherwise.

Reach

We just got 20 alturna white 3 by 6 love them hope they wear tougher than the notch 3 by8 reds we whooped up . Although I dropped some serious logs and trees on them and bit them with stumper and drove cranes over them what can you ask for right. 2 3 years I thought is not badd for obliterating 10 .
2-3 years is all they lasted? Wow. The Alturnamats should last far longer than that, even with cranes driving on them. That’s mostly what we use ours for and I’ve never seen one wear out. Stump grinders will chew them up though, those things will eat anything!

Stumpsprouts

Echo alturnamats. The company I worked for for years is still rocking a batch that’s 7ish years old, only one or two holes from a fell with a stub probably, and some chainsaw cuts

Treetopflyer

2-3 years is all they lasted? Wow. The Alturnamats should last far longer than that, even with cranes driving on them. That’s mostly what we use ours for and I’ve never seen one wear out. Stump grinders will chew them up though, those things will eat anything!
Driving on them was the most responsible thing we did lol.. the trees and tree pieces on the other hand we dropped on them ..well, I'll just say it was kinda like let's see what these things can handle.. kept the ground protected, but I had pieces of mats afterwards on occasion

Steve Connally

I had liberty mats- bought them used cheap from Matrax. Held up well, slightly flimsy. Held the warp for a while. I've moved to Duradek from Signature Systems. Not as flimsy, slightly heavier, doesn't hold the warp as long. Some have hand holds and some don't. I'm not happy with that. They were around 185 shipped to MD People love alturnamats but I personally didn't consider them based on the company who is the distributor for them.

Steve Connally

Our friend Steve might have found you a bargain if there’s any left. Good luck!
They sold $700 mats in about 6 hours after I posted that. All the factory seconds mats are long gone

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom