Nccco vs Nccer

I am looking to get myself and my operator certified so we can get out of the grey area of Cranes and Trees, and also potentially do some subbing to construction and industrial sectors when the crane isn't busy with trees. I was about to pull the trigger on a class but I found out they only do NCCER certifications. It seems all the crane rental companies in my area only carry NCCCO certs. What's better or does it matter? I know OSHA doesn't care but I don't want to show up to do a lift at an industrial plant only to be turned away if they only accept NCCCO. We run a 40 Ton cable crane.

Steve Connally

Been here a while
I have always understood the NCCCO to be the gold standard and NCCER to be geared more to the construction industry. I don't know that to be a fact. I personally opted for NCCCO. Seemed to be more of an industry norm. But again, that's just my opinion and I could be totally off base.

climbhightree

Branched out member
I did Hans' (NJ Crane Experts) NCCER class and he definitely has it geared toward tree guys, and makes it quite easy in my opinon. In talking to my crane shop (that does NCCCO trainings), the NCCCO seems more in depth and harder. I plan on taking it sometime so I have both and just to see the differences, but haven't made the time yet

I have looked into njcraneexperts stuff and definitely see the value in being geared towards us. I just don’t want to limit myself in the Industrial arena if they prefer nccco. I’d rather go that way from the start if that’s gonna be the case. But I think nccer is going to be easier to set up since they can come to me and test on our crane that we are already familiar with.

Steve Connally

Been here a while
I have looked into njcraneexperts stuff and definitely see the value in being geared towards us. I just don’t want to limit myself in the Industrial arena if they prefer nccco. I’d rather go that way from the start if that’s gonna be the case. But I think nccer is going to be easier to set up since they can come to me and test on our crane that we are already familiar with.
Yes the NCCCO testing is more difficult and specifically regulated. They expect the testing set up to be exact.

fastbub

I have the NCCER from Han’s school and was able to obtain state licensure and it has not prevented me from doing any work thus far whether it is tree work or construction.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom