I got a petzl sequoia harness. A split tail for blakes with micro pulley set up and two hand ascenders one has a footloop. I got a wore core lanyard 2 steel rigging caribiners and 2 aluminum. A 372 xp . 200ft of either vortex. Or velocity and 150 ft of old climbing line i use for rigging. 2 omni blocks one attached to sling . not really a lot but i can get into and out of a tree. Been slowly making it more versatile but i need some more jobs to pay for more.i was lucky enough to have most of this bought for me i just had to do a couple jobs for him. Cliff Side Tree Service thank you for the gear. Anyway what do you guys think . or what should i try next? Happy to hear from ya

Attachments

I have my rope and hitch attached to bridge with caribiner i know its not the best but luckily bridges arent to expensive. And i stopped using my rock exotica on it because i didnt know it locked open ! Not safe. So i use my isc mighty mouse on it now

climbstihl

Move to a hitch climber as soon as money allows, it's so much better than a Blake's. Then get a foot ascender, followed by a ropewrench and a knee ascender.
Also, get a tophandle saw.

Okay thanks for the reply. I do see a lot of people with that set up or something similar. I will look into it more now. Im getting used to swinging around but i cant really do the crazy stuff. So i do want another descending device maybe a zig zag??? I want to swing from one branch and land on another. The blakes i think i got to loosen up for a good slide haha. I got to set my weight into it to rappel good on natural crotch. But thats just friction working so i can get around some of it. Thanks again for the reply. Working on a 338xpt now well mostly cleaning the 345 now

Attachments

climbstihl

I'm not a fan of natural crotching, not only because of the tree, but also because rope is not cheap and I want it to last. I use a Ring and Ring friction saver that I made for less than 10 bucks. You could also use a rope sleeve type. If you use a good friction hitch with good control like the VT, Michoacan, Knut etc., then you don't need a Zigzag or similar device for swings and bombing out of a tree. Make sure to get good heat resistant hitch cord though.

Right, i totally agree. I will be getting a friction saver as soon as possible and an eye to eye for other hitches. I really want to give them a try.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom