My Apologies to all.

rico

Been here a while
I would like to apologize to all for the recent shitshow on another thread...When someone began making blatantly false claims concerning an injury that is gonna keep me from doing what i love to for 9 months to a year I took it rather personal. My bad.

You are great bunch of peoples, on what I feel is the best tree forum on the web, so again my apologies the the entire TB community...

Last edited:

VenasNursery

Carpal tunnel level member
I would to apologize to all for the recent shitshow on another thread...When someone began making blatantly false claims concerning an injury that is gonna keep me from doing what i love to for 9 months to a year I took it rather personal. My bad.

You are great bunch of peoples, on what I feel is the best tree forum on the web, so again my apologies the the entire TB community...
No need Sir
You don’t personally owe me anything
But thank You

Last edited:

MA Arborist

Participating member
I appreciate the comments folks, but I have no interesting in discussing the matter any further...Just wanted to apologize to everyone here...

If the mods want to lock this down before it too turns into another cluster-fuck, please do so...

Sitting idle is most often worst than the injury itself. I’ve been there…

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
I would like to apologize to all for the recent shitshow on another thread...When someone began making blatantly false claims concerning an injury that is gonna keep me from doing what i love to for 9 months to a year I took it rather personal. My bad.

Appreciate that Rico! No sweat. Heal up soon and don't lose that love for what you do.

deevo

Been here a while

All good dude, we know you and got your back and know what your all about. Heal up fast so ya can get back out whooping those little trees you have out in your neck of the woods. ;)

rico

Been here a while
Appreciate that Rico! No sweat. Heal up soon and don't lose that love for what you do.
Thanks Mark. Soon after my accident I was thinking it might be a good time to start thinking about getting out of the game while I am still relatively whole. You know, transition to the next phase of my life, and begin working on my chip-shot and my putting. Becoming a master gardener, and finally get started on that new house that I promised my wife.

Who was I kidding? Don't tell my wife, but all I can think about is smashing Firs, and when she's not looking I frequently go to Wesspur's website and see whats new in the Arb world..

RogerM

Carpal tunnel level member
The longest 4/5 months of my life was recovering from ankle fusion surgery... not accident related, genetics issue. Prior to that, I used to wish for an extended period of time off to "relax". Few things I learned about myself... during that time. When not working, I was pretty grumpy, another thing was that I enjoyed working more than sitting around, Getting back on spikes and using them, like the tool they are, was a mental hurdle for me. "Lucky" for me I had an A-hole boss that threw a removal on me my first day back. Had to trust the healing process...Also, I was almost few decades younger and equally as stubborn. Heal well. Oh yeah, I remember stradling the tub with cast for baths, That first shower was so nice, I can relate. The bag of soft goo that used to be a calve, was one of the most bothersome things.. Rest assured, Start using it again, they come back. A lot of us are looking forward to reading about your first climb back in the saddle. ,
Keep teaching and sharing in the way, only you can do.

Burrapeg

Been here a while
I completely missed the afore-mentioned shitshow but it must have been a rather serious injury to keep a guy like you down, Rico. Best of luck to you for a complete recovery and a return to the trees! Cheers, Stewart

Tree-Taylor

Branched out member
Wishing you the best in your recovery Rico. I did my fib in 2011. Similar situation but in winter conditions. It's a long recovery but I'm sure you'll be back in the saddle, even stronger than before.

rico

Been here a while
The longest 4/5 months of my life was recovering from ankle fusion surgery... not accident related, genetics issue. Prior to that, I used to wish for an extended period of time off to "relax". Few things I learned about myself... during that time. When not working, I was pretty grumpy, another thing was that I enjoyed working more than sitting around, Getting back on spikes and using them, like the tool they are, was a mental hurdle for me. "Lucky" for me I had an A-hole boss that threw a removal on me my first day back. Had to trust the healing process...Also, I was almost few decades younger and equally as stubborn. Heal well. Oh yeah, I remember stradling the tub with cast for baths, That first shower was so nice, I can relate. The bag of soft goo that used to be a calve, was one of the most bothersome things.. Rest assured, Start using it again, they come back. A lot of us are looking forward to reading about your first climb back in the saddle. ,
Keep teaching and sharing in the way, only you can do.
Great story and words of wisdom Roger. I really appreciate it.

owScott

Branched out member
Great story and words of wisdom Roger. I really appreciate it.
Had 2 shoulder surgerys on the rt,1 on the left all within 1 year back in 2013. Had me down for a while. Took me down an ugly road. Keep talking and engaging the people around you, including the crazies on TB. Always up for a PM.

Bart_

Participating member
If the break is right near your ankle the bone bump left after healing may affect the fit of you boots. How would a fella know that? ;)

Heal well.

tomstrees

I did not see that argumentative thread and my sympathies as you seek to heal. There is no cause for vituperation during your attempt to recover if I read the situation right. This is the major defect of online communications these days; you can't see the other posters, someone (for whatever reasons) decides to make an "issue" out of something and it is very hard to defend against. I and many others have dealt with that. What is the remedy? In person, face to face discussions as the internet is plagued with strange consequences.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom