Morbark Eeger Beever 1821

HigherGroundArborist

We have an Eeger Beever 1821 chipper for sale. We bought it brand new in August 2019. It has the larger PSI V8 gas engine, 50’ of winch, cone holder, and hydraulic jack. Chipper is in excellent condition. Asking $55,000 or any reasonable offer. I’ll post pictures of it tomorrow.

Attachments

• 7478CC3B-ACB1-47F5-A111-09B338CD7535.jpeg
    7478CC3B-ACB1-47F5-A111-09B338CD7535.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 94
  • FC9D131D-B099-4C94-AD45-805A8CF2916C.jpeg
    FC9D131D-B099-4C94-AD45-805A8CF2916C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 85
  • 6243937B-A6DD-4A25-83C2-43A80CFE04E8.jpeg
    6243937B-A6DD-4A25-83C2-43A80CFE04E8.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 72
  • 90A4B321-F998-4549-832D-FF8C4AC06CBC.jpeg
    90A4B321-F998-4549-832D-FF8C4AC06CBC.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 68
  • D9CAFF50-3777-4E39-9203-2102AFDBB7EA.jpeg
    D9CAFF50-3777-4E39-9203-2102AFDBB7EA.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 58
  • 1B59BA1C-01FA-46B5-B137-A2C147D10F7C.jpeg
    1B59BA1C-01FA-46B5-B137-A2C147D10F7C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
  • F2A4047D-1F63-479A-BF8B-2F6EECB73349.jpeg
    F2A4047D-1F63-479A-BF8B-2F6EECB73349.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 56
  • 3377F68C-B3FF-48AD-82C1-20AD8E0FD7EA.jpeg
    3377F68C-B3FF-48AD-82C1-20AD8E0FD7EA.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 92

deevo

We have an Eeger Beever 1821 chipper for sale. We bought it brand new in August 2019. It has the larger PSI V8 gas engine, 50’ of winch, cone holder, and hydraulic jack. Chipper is in excellent condition. Asking $55,000 or any reasonable offer. I’ll post pictures of it tomorrow.
I have the exact same chipper, love it. They make trees disappear fast :hola:

HigherGroundArborist

There’s nothing wrong with financing, we just take a more conservative approach. The gas engine is louder than the diesel engine and we do a lot of residential work. The gas engine is not fuel injected and seems to struggle to start when it’s cold. It always starts, it just sputters for a second while it pulls fuel. To be honest, we just haven’t been happy with the service that we’ve been getting from Morbark. Ever since their company went public their service has gone down hill fast. Our new chipper is a Bandit.

bck

Yea, morbark sold out. What kind of bandit and how much service does a new chipper need anyways ?

bck

Not much, which is why it was so frustrating when Morbark was unhelpful.
You’re almost better off finding a good mechanics shop to service equipment. Even new stuff from my experience. The dealers are just dealers and generally useless in repairs / knowledge of anything. And you’ll probably find out that if you get a diesel the dealer won’t touch it anyways and you’ll have to take it to a separate vendor for any repairs / Maintenance/ warranty work ext. in that regards you might be better off getting a new diesel motor that some one local is certified to work on.

VenasNursery

But read the instructions, he’s getting a diesel! Any big chipper needs a diesel, the gassers are junk and over priced!
Please read again he took a chipper to the factory (that makes chippers not engines,batteries,valves,axles,or tires) for a engine problem
From a state away!!!

HigherGroundArborist

So, the engine in our chipper is just fine. The unit is amazing! We’ve been plowing through work the past year and a half that we’ve owned it, which is why we have the money to upgrade! We are located 3hours from Morbark’s factory in Michigan. They are the ones we deal with directly with any maintenance or issues. Our first frustration was when we went to change the oil on the unit we discovered that you have to special order the filter from Morbark. What? That is ridiculous! Chipper was down for a week while we waited for them to get us the part. At the end of last year the distributor cap needed to be replaced. This was a warranty repair. Through much frustration we ended up having to take the unit to Morbark to repair this even though our local mechanic could have done it for us. This was the only way Morbark would cover it under warranty. After 2 weeks they still didn’t have the unit repaired yet but they finally had a loaner unit available. We ran the loaner unit for 3 weeks. It took them 5 weeks to repair a minor issue! We loved the diesel unit, so we bought one, just not from them.

VenasNursery

So, the engine in our chipper is just fine. The unit is amazing! We’ve been plowing through work the past year and a half that we’ve owned it, which is why we have the money to upgrade! We are located 3hours from Morbark’s factory in Michigan. They are the ones we deal with directly with any maintenance or issues. Our first frustration was when we went to change the oil on the unit we discovered that you have to special order the filter from Morbark. What? That is ridiculous! Chipper was down for a week while we waited for them to get us the part. At the end of last year the distributor cap needed to be replaced. This was a warranty repair. Through much frustration we ended up having to take the unit to Morbark to repair this even though our local mechanic could have done it for us. This was the only way Morbark would cover it under warranty. After 2 weeks they still didn’t have the unit repaired yet but they finally had a loaner unit available. We ran the loaner unit for 3 weeks. It took them 5 weeks to repair a minor issue! We loved the diesel unit, so we bought one, just not from them.
Well I guess I don’t understand why you can’t get a oil filter any where else Morbark don’t make oil filters
You didn’t mention what the other problems where
I would assume they might have vendor problems
Because of COVID-19 a lot of people and parts are way behind
I go up to Morbark 1-2 times a year and I’m in and out 3-5 hours
Last time I did have to leave overnight only because of miss communication

And there is no way Morbark is the only one to do warranty work for G.M industrial engines

deevo

I have the same 18 R same as yours, had the cap issue, was fixed. You can get those oil filters from any Vermeer,bandit Napa wherever. We love our gasser, starts at -20, chips 20” logs whenever it has to not a problem, I’m never going back to a diesel chipper. I have another chipper with tier 3 kubota and is solid, and another gasser, everyone around here’s got problems with their new diesels bandit, Vermeer, etc the new diesels in chippers aren’t reliable here anyways. Good luck on the sale.

Luzl78

Buy a diesel machine before all the emission junk. Even if you have to put in a new/rebuilt tier 3 engine, it’s worth it.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom