Alejandro Concolor

I have seen the two compared vaguely here and there. Thought a designated side by side might be OK.
I had the Edge harness. It was good enough. A few pinch points and the waist belt would tend to loosen up, but it served me well. Now on to the next one.
TM had the lower Ds. Nice. But can you fit a 13mm rope into the eye for a bridge replacement? Heard some ppl say the accessory cordage anchor points give out.
How does the TM favor with a heavier saw on the hip. TRANSporter compatible?
MCRS. Heard a lot of good! Like the tang belt style. If the belt has a lot of slack hanging out, does it tuck out of the way well? How strong are the accessory points for hanging a saw. I know the TRANSporter is suggested for hanging a saw, but what about the dog snap portion of the leash? If you drop it, will any one of the attachment points suffice?
Any body loathing having to step through the legs?
Climbing 6 days a week. Need durability and reliability, comfort is sweet too. Limb walk pruning finess-ness, and big DBH removals. Need that happy median.
Hope I am not kicking a dead horse here.
Thanks.

david1332

If you have a big saw on your hip a lot I think your best bet would be the MCRS due to its design. I rock a TreeMotion and feel like a big saw would drag me down a bit, I haven't had the need to climb with anything larger than my 201tcm yet while in my Treemotion, however I've climbed with a 288 with s 32" bar on a buckingham rebellion which is a similar design and it wasn't too bad. Not great but not bad

96coal449

I'm sporting a MCRS and love it. Comfortable and rebuildable. My only complaint was stepping thru the bridge and then thru the leg straps to get it on my waist. I adapted to it then changed out my bridge recently. I now can adjust the length from just a few inches to about 4' let out in full. It's now also detachable from one anchor point, at the adjuster. If I had more coin to burn right now, I'd scarf up a MB saddle from NT. Seems to be a Cadillac of a saddle.

96coal449

I have the MCRS suspenders. Haven't worn them in the field yet but they are extreemly commfy in my garage. lol. I also hear they are preferred on other saddles.

Steve Connally

The suspenders for the MCRS suck. I stopped using them after giving them a solid 6 month run. Poorly designed and cumbersome. Imho.

96coal449

Kinda the same here. Got mine in theory of hanging a big saw. Haven't had an issue with hauling a 440 and hope to hell I never have to climb with my 066. Never had to worry about suspenders with my old 4 d-ringed saddle either. I guess the suspenders were more of an impulse buy.

Alejandro Concolor

Kinda the same here. Got mine in theory of hanging a big saw. Haven't had an issue with hauling a 440 and hope to hell I never have to climb with my 066. Never had to worry about suspenders with my old 4 d-ringed saddle either. I guess the suspenders were more of an impulse buy.
And this is with the MCRS?

96coal449

Yes I currently ride an MCRS. Bought the suspenders almost a year later. Never used them in the field. Love the saddle but I'm intrigued to try an MB. But I definitely don't need to blow more coin on another ride. I know @deevo praises his like no other. Gets me thinking but I'm content with mine for now.

david1332

I used ebsuspenders on my buckingham rebellion, loved them, they worked great for tending my rope runner

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom