Mcrs adjustment

jdhoward

I haven’t messed with my mcrs in awhile because it keeps pinching around my juevos. How should I adjust it. The only other saddle I’ve really messed with the adjustments is the treemotion. The tm was super easy to dial in. I’ve messed with the mcrs but it still has some pretty annoying pinch points.

Mowerr

Yea ill take that thing ....
Might be the first time I heard a guy praise the tm for being easily adjustable...that's what I got.
I'd like to get a mcrs but I'd also like to try something like the onyx or the ergovation.

jdhoward

Where exactly are all your pinch points? Besides the crotch and what part if the saddle is pinching
Just the leg straps if I remember right. I see Matt where’s his super loose but I’m always sketches about doing that cause I don’t want one of my boys getting ripped off during a swing or a fall.

rico

Waist belt worn low on hips. Leg pads set up skater style (low & loose). Rise from waist to lower rings adjusted to get your desired hang. Completely remove bungee from back of leg pads.

Last edited:

owScott

I currently use a Treemotion which i know we arent discussing, but over the last 15+ years and several different harnesses i have taken to using suspenders to keep the harness in place not so much for holding the weight of bigger saws. It allows me to not have to over tighten the straps to keep it in the right spot. Pinching for me generally occurs when i transition from not weighting the harness to weighting it. The suspenders helps the harness stay where i want it during this transition. Presently my suspenders are elastic. Just my personal preference, a harness fit is different for everyone.

jdhoward

I currently use a Treemotion which i know we arent discussing, but over the last 15+ years and several different harnesses i have taken to using suspenders to keep the harness in place not so much for holding the weight of bigger saws. It allows me to not have to over tighten the straps to keep it in the right spot. Pinching for me generally occurs when i transition from not weighting the harness to weighting it. The suspenders helps the harness stay where i want it during this transition. Presently my suspenders are elastic. Just my personal preference, a harness fit is different for everyone.
I plan on finding the suspenders I have for the mcrs and putting them on. Thanks for the tip!

jdhoward

One other thing I forgot. When I’m on spikes and a scare strap and wearing the mcrs, I experience significant pain in my hips. If it helps I’m pretty boney in the hip area.

rico

One other thing I forgot. When I’m on spikes and a scare strap and wearing the mcrs, I experience significant pain in my hips. If it helps I’m pretty boney in the hip area.
As Steve said get those hip rings forward, and also make sure you are not riding the back pad too high.... I spend my life in spurs and nothing compares to the comfort of a well dialed in MCRS.....You would be hard pressed to find a skinnier bonier mofo than me, and I can spend hours in spurs with big saws hanging off me and experience zero hip issues.....

jdhoward

You put the rings in front of the strap furthest to the front? How do you tie it? I just dod a big oak in the mrcs with my suspenders on and it fell fine. Dont think I’ve ever been able to turn so easily.

Steve Connally

You put the rings in front of the strap furthest to the front? How do you tie it? I just dod a big oak in the mrcs with my suspenders on and it fell fine. Dont think I’ve ever been able to turn so easily.
Just tie it back the way it was tied. You can find instructions online. Treestuff may still have the PDF on their website. My hip d's are up agains the forward most spot the rope goes under the loop on the saddle

jdhoward

Just tie it back the way it was tied. You can find instructions online. Treestuff may still have the PDF on their website. My hip d's are up agains the forward most spot the rope goes under the loop on the saddle
Thats what i thought. On matt’s new saddle the d rings are in front of that last strap.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom