Marking dark rope

Hosocat

I tried all the different colors of sharpies i have, and none of them showed up well on blue moon for marking strands. Then i tried wite out correction fluid. Seems to work pretty well.

Attachments

• 20210527_053701.jpg
    20210527_053701.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13

Dan Cobb

Correction fluid usually contains naphtha and mineral spirits, but probably not a concern for a few tiny dabs.

Jonny

A white China marker/ grease pencil would probably work well. Kinda like a crayon but make a more prominent mark.

Brocky

Maybe something like whipping twine for a lower profile, few lines might work.
Haven’t tried it yet but the Pentel seems to be like a paint, showed up when white marker was searched.
FC327F3C-6499-443B-85D3-F843298438DB.jpeg

evo

Silver and gold sharpies seem to work well for the most part... I've just plucked strads with a awl for the cover taper marks. The others wipping twine though a section and tied with a square knot or saftey pins, or knitting needles (second hand shop sells them for 0.25$ for singles or a buck for a pair).
The white out seems to be a good idea, and I wouldnt worry about the chemical much just be sure to cut the white out (see the pun?)

SeanRuel

I've used safety pins to mark strands iin the past when going for a super clean looking splice. Really only need to mark one place, and count the other strands.

dmonn

Marking cover strands for tapering seems putsy and I'm going to try just marking point T, then counting and plucking for the taper. Point T (and R) can easily be marked with a piece of thread run through just the cover, though I do like the idea of using white out. I also have done a quick stitch, wrap (or two) and knot some thread where points T and 2 need to be held together, instead of taping them. I have always cut and pulled the thread before completing the splice, but wonder if that's necessary. That thread should get buried, and can't see how it would hurt the splice.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom