Mark Chisholm takes down Tree in NYC

Tr33Climb3r

[ QUOTE ]
Like maybe topless?

SZ

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha funny stuff...I would liked to have seen an entire take down and also a little more of an open faced cut...but it came down where it was supposed to

lgwvpro

Well, we are in the process of cutting all the video of Mark taking down the whole tree, start to finish. Sorry (SZ) he has all his clothes on. I know you were looking forward to that.

After Mark took the tree down I had the chance to chat with him about the process. He had explained that if he wasn't doing this for training, that he would have had the tree down in about ten minutes.

It was exciting for me to see Mark work in this environment. I had only seen Mark at ITCC in a tree, so it was a treat for me. I especially enjoyed all the jokes he was cracking while working and it made me laugh.

Anyway, that's the scoop, hope to post the entire video next week...

Daniel

I saw Mark take a tree down around 2002. At a seminar in NJ at Rutgeurs... I actually video tpared it and reviewed the tape a bunch of times... That was a life altering day... and by far the best time and money I have ever spent on education in tree work... He pruned an 70' oak before lunch and took down a 60' oak after lunch... It was really the pruning though that dropped my jaw.. I had never seen anyone footlock before, and the way he moved through that tree.. it opened up a whole new world.

I never had even thought that climbing like that was possible. Its almost as though you need to see something like that before you can believe it. And then it becomes "how did he do that?" I was picking his brains all day long, front row center. I must have asked 30 questions...

I had been climbing the same way for 20 years before that day and never wanted to change.. So I understand the old school mentality... the tree.. the rope... the saddle.. and me..

There was a bit of a paradox going on that day. On the one hand I was thrilled to see the light and learn so much. On the other hand I was kicking myself in thinking "why did it take me so long to make the chnage?".. I decided to make up for lost time and went into a big learning mode for the next three years...

That has significantly and profoundly altered the standard of living for me and my family. Its been huge. And it all started with that seminar.. I AM grateful to Mark... and always will be.

Axman

I got winded just from watching him drive those wedges.
Too much work for me.

Larry

Tr33Climb3r

[ QUOTE ]
I saw Mark take a tree down around 2002. At a seminar in NJ at Rutgeurs... I actually video tpared it and reviewed the tape a bunch of times... That was a life altering day... and by far the best time and money I have ever spent on education in tree work... He pruned an 70' oak before lunch and took down a 60' oak after lunch... It was really the pruning though that dropped my jaw.. I had never seen anyone footlock before, and the way he moved through that tree.. it opened up a whole new world.

I never had even thought that climbing like that was possible. Its almost as though you need to see something like that before you can believe it. And then it becomes "how did he do that?" I was picking his brains all day long, front row center. I must have asked 30 questions...

I had been climbing the same way for 20 years before that day and never wanted to change.. So I understand the old school mentality... the tree.. the rope... the saddle.. and me..

There was a bit of a paradox going on that day. On the one hand I was thrilled to see the light and learn so much. On the other hand I was kicking myself in thinking "why did it take me so long to make the chnage?".. I decided to make up for lost time and went into a big learning mode for the next three years...

That has significantly and profoundly altered the standard of living for me and my family. Its been huge. And it all started with that seminar.. I AM grateful to Mark... and always will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

makes me look forward to the full video even more!

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
Dan,

Thanks so much for the very cool comments. That is truly why I enjoy sharing and strive to improve so I can share more! You are the best for letting me know this and I will promise to try and keep learning/improving!

House

I had a great day 2002 watching a demo at Wi Mid State Tech college, given by Mark, That changed the way I did removals.
Thanks Mark for helping me see the light.
Joe

Tr33Climb3r

[ QUOTE ]
I had a great day 2002 watching a demo at Wi Mid State Tech college, given by Mark, That changed the way I did removals.
Thanks Mark for helping me see the light.
Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

2002 you mean the year? Mid-State Technical College in Wisconsin Rapids? What company do you work for joe?

RobJMurf

[ QUOTE ]
A wedge and axe are the two most important tools in a woodsman's kit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be two wedges....wouldn't it?