MAN OF THE YEAR GOES TO.....

Viking

Kevin Bingham!!!!!!!

Just wanted to thank my dood for all of his diligence, creativity, and ingenuity that was put toward the rope wrench movement. I know you worked your azz off! Thank you and we love you! OLD SKOOOL!

oceans

OLD SCHOOL!

Great link, Viking. I watched with the nice headphones and heard that music in a whole new way. Dig!

Kevin, you're pretty cool, too.

Viking

eric, we shall be friends in the future. you got to hang out with my dooders at TCI without me!

oceans

I sure met some great people at TCI. Some I knew...some I only knew of...and MORE. It'll be nice to meet you too one day, Mike. Ohio's got some cool cats.

It's so wild to think back to the first time I ever saw that video. I didn't even get it at the time. Then, the sun came up. I do know someone with an original wooden model, though I haven't yet seen it. It's only been a few years and it feel like it would resemble holding a true piece of history.

Thanks, Kevin!

whiz

Man I NEVER thought I'd do as much srt climbing. If you guys would have seen what I pulled off 2 weeks ago with my ZK2. It was really rewarding and WAY outside the box. I'm committed to the center attatchment point so I can't throw my upper body through the legs of line in a ddrt system but I'm adjusting.
I shot Kevin a text as soon as I was on the ground. Man I know the gratitude you guys feel and I'm with it. Dig. Man of the Year indeed. Hard hats off to Kevin.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
[ QUOTE ]
Kevin is a humble man with great vision, and this is all that I have to say :)

[/ QUOTE ]

X2.....

treebing

Y'all are making me blush. I'm glad you like the RW but I made it for entirely selfish reasons! I know it's helped my climbing. It's been a real cool project and a lot of great people have contributed a huge amount. Rich Hattier at ABR and Luke at Treestuff and of course all the folks at ISC have really done a huge amount in seeing the rope wrench through to where it is now. They all deserve a lot of credit. Can't forget ZK Zack Kenner for innovating the first metal wrench with side plates, as well as Gordon Svedberg for contributing the pulley idea. And a real big thank to everyone here at treebuzz!

goodaking

If it weren't for kevin and the rope wrench, when all these storms started hitting. I would probably still be on my first tree. Thanks for changing my climbing in such a huge way!!
ian sporre

Bixler

It took me a little while, then one day Bing* the light went off and I became a true convert. The wrench, single rope, gave me a whole new life with tree work. It's made certain jobs possible and helps keep me safe, the list goes on and on. We all have ideas, but connecting the dots and creating a tool takes a special person. Thank you Kevin, and congratulations on being man of the year!

Adkpk

Ya, Kevin is the man. But also, want to give a shoutout to Luke for getting us our things on time. And not to forget Tom Dunlap for watching over us on here to make sure no one gets hurt. And of course my personal fav Guy Mueller for his efforts to heal the trees.

treedoclang

Kristian, wouldn't you have liked to use the wrench to ascend to the top of that huge cottonwood we did? Would have beat the heck out of climbing up there with your spikes.

moss

The tribute must continue, thanks Kevin! The wrench has legs, folks are still figuring out interesting new ways to configure and use it. Should be a good gathering of wrenchheads at the upcoming climb hosted by Goodaking, will definitely raise a toast to Kevin.
-AJ

whiz

Yes Brian but I don't know if I'd have had the nerve to make such a long wide open ascent. I was nervous enough on hooks bra. Still laughing at myself over that one. Toledo, maybe in Feb. I'll let you know.

goodpredator

Kevin,
Thank you. I'm relatively knew to climbing and the rope wrench has been a prime player in the development of my technique. It has shaped my understanding of climbing and opened up possibilities to my mind... and that vid is dope. That tree gets love. Cheers!
~Aaron

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom