Leanne Everhart

In need of rope wrench, 150 ft hi-vee rope, srt climbing kit, and a double locking caribiner, floating d saddle

already got most of this stuff just had it for a while and need some new

oldoakman

Don't go with hi vee for SRT, too bouncy. Look at one of the Yale 11.7mm lines. Believe me, I am a BIG boy and hi vee feels like you are climbing a bungi cord. Oh, and welcome to the buzz, we are glad to have you aboard. Jump in anywhere you like.

Leanne Everhart

Don't go with hi vee for SRT, too bouncy. Look at one of the Yale 11.7mm lines. Believe me, I am a BIG boy and hi vee feels like you are climbing a bungi cord. Oh, and welcome to the buzz, we are glad to have you aboard. Jump in anywhere you like.
Should I use split tail so I can go double rope or do I need a rope with no eyes?

Bhard47

Is Yale 11.7 good for ddrt too? I'm looking for something with less stretch but still able to get a grip on. I'm using Samson arbormaster 16 strand now.

Leanne Everhart

If you're going to climb srt you should get a rope smaller than half inch diameter. Half inch is not compatible with most of the rope tools

My preference is tachyon

Welcome to Treebuzz
Thanks! I've been doing this for about ten years but just recently got into SRT so I'm still just getting used to it and familiar with it

oldoakman

Leanne and Bhard, I really like the versatility of the yale 11.7. lines. Low stretch for SRT big enough to be easier on the hands, especially with grip gloves and usable for SRT or ddrt. I would use a friction saver or cambium saver for ddrt though. I always splice tight eyes in the ends of mine so if I am ddrt climbing, it is more streamlined at the saddle connection point. Leanne, I also use 8mm Armorprus eye to eyr split tails but want to try 9mm epicord. As you can see by my profile, I am not a youngster and SRT has definitely made life much easier on an old dog. I do admit, I am still on the learning curve, but I'm not going backwards either. Good luck in your endeavors.

monkeylove

I would second the Yale 11.7's as a nice rope for both. I do however also love Vortex for both. As others have mentioned it is a little snug but...I use it with the Uni, the RR, the BDB, and ZigZag. The V doesn't fall through any of them but I am okay with that. Like Oakman, I'm no spring chicken either. I will say that with the V and ZZ combo I can't use a leather cambium saver, metal or pulleys only. To much frition for my weight. Welcome to the Buzz Leanne.

TimBr

Official Well Known Greeter
Thanks! I've been doing this for about ten years but just recently got into SRT so I'm still just getting used to it and familiar with it
You should also consider this tool for both DdRT and SRT.

http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=232&item=15110

Tim

P.S. There are probably multiple threads on the Rope Wrench and Hitch Hiker, but there is one super long one over at the Tree House forum. Here's the link.

http://masterblasterhome.com/showthread.php?16936-Any-Rope-Wrench-or-Hitch-Hiker-users-here

Neckbeard613

In need of rope wrench, 150 ft hi-vee rope, srt climbing kit, and a double locking caribiner, floating d saddle

already got most of this stuff just had it for a while and need some new
I have a rope wrench zk2 with tether and an ergovation pro with floating dees I'll sell you. The wrench is in great shape, the saddle is used, it's not in terrible condition but not new.