Looking for crew members in San Antonio

lloydboy

Hey All,

I will be opening up a Monster Tree Service business in San Antonio and am looking to start production in November. What is the best way to find my crew? I am looking for a sales arborist, crew leader/backup climber, main climber and a goundsman. I appreciate the help. Thanks.

colb

Hey All,

I will be opening up a Monster Tree Service business in San Antonio and am looking to start production in November. What is the best way to find my crew? I am looking for a sales arborist, crew leader/backup climber, main climber and a goundsman. I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Welcome to the Buzz.

Tbh, you're sol, lol. Staffing is going to be extremely hard unless you pay a ton of money. Hiring, equipping, insuring, developing, retaining - nightmare there.

Also, I get the sense that you don't tree. Is that the case?

November? Business is slow then...

Are there enough trees in SA to feed a monster company? Might do better showing off those black-capped vireos to eco-nerds...

If you're rich and mechanical, just get a treemek.

Wish you success...

Jonny

Would be cool though. San Antonio is a really cool city, had alot of fun there when I was at Ft. Sam Houston.

lloydboy

Thanks for the help, guys. I forgot to tell you that Monster is a Franchise and they will be helping with a lot of the leg work to get started. I do plan on paying my team well along with performance bonuses. If you know any Sales Arborists, Crew Leaders, Climbers or Groundsmen that are interested in good pay and pleasant work environment, can you send them my way? I am looking to start production in November.

Reach

All I can say is Good Luck! We, like everyone else here, are hiring. And I hope your franchise runs better than the local Monster franchise here. They have a pretty bad reputation among the other tree service operators.

lloydboy

All I can say is Good Luck! We, like everyone else here, are hiring. And I hope your franchise runs better than the local Monster franchise here. They have a pretty bad reputation among the other tree service operators.

Thanks for the reply, Reach! I assume you are referring to the Monster Tree Service Franchise based out of the Philadelphia area. Checking out their Google customer reviews they have a 5 star customer rating. Do you know why they have a bad reputation with competitors?

marlinspiker

Thanks for the reply, Reach! I assume you are referring to the Monster Tree Service Franchise based out of the Philadelphia area. Checking out their Google customer reviews they have a 5 star customer rating. Do you know why they have a bad reputation with competitors?
Mostly bc they do trash work and have a terrible safety record.

AlanKekoa

The monster tree service franchise I worked with for a very short while was by far the worst experience I’ve ever had with a company in my 10+ years in the industry. Unbelievably unprofessional and the owner had never worked in trees before underbidding jobs with unrealistic expectations taking it out on the climbers and listening to crap advice from other people with no experience had a groundsman that had also just started working in trees sucking up to the owners and talking about cuting other climbers ropes and making death threats and all the climbers/crew leads and myself all left, the stuff they did was beyond belief, and they tried to advertise a good work environment ‍♂️

Last edited:
Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom