Long ship auger bits at good prices

oldoakman

Just had to replace one of my long bits for bracing and found a number of places on the internet that had what I consider good prices. I bought a 30" 13/16 bit from Ohio Power Tools for $50 and change for a Greenlee bit. Buydrillbits has 40" bits from 9/16 through 7/8 ranging up to $70. Might want to keep these two in mind when you need things like this.

arborcareman

Fabulous...I’ve been needing to purchase some replacements and I had just been thinking of where I’d get them. Thanks for the information.

Sent from my little tree world
Colossians 2:6-7

oldoakman

Yeah, I also ran across some 5 footers but dont remember where. There is only one time in 45+ years that I needed a bit that long.

colb

Yeah, I also ran across some 5 footers but dont remember where. There is only one time in 45+ years that I needed a bit that long.
My experience is the opposite. I feel like I get lucky if I just need my 5.5 ft. 3/4" bit. I bought it from treestuff about six years ago. It has fluting the entire length. Treestuff has very limited bit inventory now. American Arborist Supply makes up to 15' bits with 2' of fluting. They weld the 2' onto rod. They work great as long as your ANSI spec stays under 2' of space between the trunks. Only place I buy bits from now.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom