Lightweight Safety Toe Boot ?

macrocarpa

Participating member
I am searching for a lightweight hiker style boot with safety toe that would be functional for climbing/pruning. I've never climbed with steel toe boots but a new endeavor requires it.

Any suggestions?

I found the Timberland Mudslinger which looks like a possibility.

Reach

Been here a while
Take a look at the Hi-Tec Altitude series. I found their Altitude Pro 400 with a quick Google search, and they look great but they’re insulated. I’m sure they make an uninsulated version as well.

I wore Hi-Tec boots for years and found they held up rather well and worked great for me for many years, they just didn’t have the best heel for holding the stirrup on spurs.

Edi

I'd never had use hiker style, but the Haix ultra are light for all the benefits that come with it. Right now I'm using the Pfanner with BOA system I love tha I don't have to tie laces.
And this offer same benefits as Haix.

Dan Cobb

Branched out member
For $30, the Walmart steel toe Interceptor duty boots give a lot of service for the dollar. Fortunately, the wide is wide enough for me. Good for climbing rope, but I want a better heel for spurs, as they're just passable.

I recently ordered a pair of Carolina Elm loggers in the same size and width (2E) as another pair of Carolinas that I have which fit like gloves. The Elm style runs small; I need a half size larger and 4E width which is not available anywhere (in black.) Returned them and still looking.

Reach

Been here a while
For $30, the Walmart steel toe Interceptor duty boots give a lot of service for the dollar. Fortunately, the wide is wide enough for me. Good for climbing rope, but I want a better heel for spurs, as they're just passable.

I recently ordered a pair of Carolina Elm loggers in the same size and width (2E) as another pair of Carolinas that I have which fit like gloves. The Elm style runs small; I need a half size larger and 4E width which is not available anywhere (in black.) Returned them and still looking.
My father likes those Walmart boots; he doesn’t climb but they hold up well for him for all his outdoor work. He maintains 13 acres of the rockiest woods I’ve ever seen, and I don’t believe he’s worn out a pair in the last year or two.

This is my all around choice for working with or without spurs. All I've worn for tree work since 2015.
Airstreams are far from being "light." But the newest version "Airstream Rock" has an aluminum toe to cut down on weight

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom