Lift for crane removals.

Treeline

I know this is probably the wrong place to ask this question and the lift subject has been debated more than probably anything else on this site but I am wanting to target the crane guys specifically. I am considering purchasing a taller lift or truck to work in tandem with my crane on removals. Right now I have a 60’ wh bucket. 90% of our removals are pines, 85-110’ tall. So obviously we do a lot of climbing. I do all of the climbing and one of my guys runs the crane. But I am trying to get my crew to the point where I don’t have to be on every job. In my area good climbers and employees in general are rare. So I’m wanting to get a lift (easier to train a lift op than a climber). I love the nifty sd64 and have demoed one, but I’m concerned it still won’t have the height needed to rig tops of the tall pines we have. That leaves spider lifts which I’m concerned about the slow speed, or I’m looking into a double elevator utility bucket, 105’. I’d greatly appreciate any experience you guys could share.

VenasNursery

I know this is probably the wrong place to ask this question and the lift subject has been debated more than probably anything else on this site but I am wanting to target the crane guys specifically. I am considering purchasing a taller lift or truck to work in tandem with my crane on removals. Right now I have a 60’ wh bucket. 90% of our removals are pines, 85-110’ tall. So obviously we do a lot of climbing. I do all of the climbing and one of my guys runs the crane. But I am trying to get my crew to the point where I don’t have to be on every job. In my area good climbers and employees in general are rare. So I’m wanting to get a lift (easier to train a lift op than a climber). I love the nifty sd64 and have demoed one, but I’m concerned it still won’t have the height needed to rig tops of the tall pines we have. That leaves spider lifts which I’m concerned about the slow speed, or I’m looking into a double elevator utility bucket, 105’. I’d greatly appreciate any experience you guys could share.
We love our 83HD Arbor Pro
But I’ve heard mostly good things about all the lifts
But All Access have been awesome to deal with from the lift and we had a truck uplifted for the lift
As far as speed goes it’s pretty fast with 3 functions at once
Still not as fast as a bucket but more efficient with with more ways to maneuver so it’s a toss up

Treeline

We love our 83HD Arbor Pro
But I’ve heard mostly good things about all the lifts
But All Access have been awesome to deal with from the lift and we had a truck uplifted for the lift
As far as speed goes it’s pretty fast with 3 functions at once
Still not as fast as a bucket but more efficient with with more ways to maneuver so it’s a toss up
That’s the main spider I’ve looked at, it seems to be the most popular unit for sure. I wish it was easier to demo this kind of equipment before you buy. If we ever get to actually attend another tcia expo in person again I’d love to see them have an outdoor demo area to try new equipment.

VenasNursery

That’s the main spider I’ve looked at, it seems to be the most popular unit for sure. I wish it was easier to demo this kind of equipment before you buy. If we ever get to actually attend another tcia expo in person again I’d love to see them have an outdoor demo area to try new equipment.
Call them they will work something out for you

2019 TCIA Pittsburgh is where we did yours

they might have customers close to you also if not looks like you’re not that far from them

OasisTree

I currently run a Nifty SD64, It works great in our market but then we dont have the tall trees you have. I love the ground speed and the simplicity of the unit. If I would get a taller unit I would probably get a Dino, they are set up very similar and have a 90' version. I have demoed the narrow access spiders, they all seem a bit delicate.

We crane a lot of big trees, even the 64' is good till your tree heights get above 80'.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom