Legends 2020

colb

In this my second comp, I sunk 5 spots in the rankings compared to last year, but rose 11%. If I did better at one of the tasks last year, I did substantially worse this year, and vice versa (except the belayed speed climb...).

Watching @oldoakman ascend on Friday night was awesome. He's an absolute machine. Not the fastest, but just keeps going.

@Steve Connally had a rock solid climb on the Truework tree, grabbing third place. I got tangled in my climbing line like an AT-AT on Hoth at the first and easiest bell on that climb. I should have turned right. Then I did a clever scurry out the underside of a branch to avoid tripping the plumb bob with my 210 lbs., but had -2 points of unclever trouble on the exit with the awkward srt return from that position... I did really well on the other two bells, but ran out of time fumbling with the autobelay caribiner for the kiddie pool splashdown - total garbage, lol. Anyways, Steve you nailed it and, more importantly, looked like a natural in the kiddie pool.

@swingdude missed meeting you irl, my online friend. I was planning to dutifully admire your new pair of clipnsteps that you were saving for the comp. Maybe next year.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom