Legal question

Serf Life

Has anyone dealt with release of liability? There are templates for it, conflicting info, and convoluted legalese online.

I have a 3ish week project to pick away at of mostly woods work, part of the deal/quote was based on using their 44hp tractor to twitch trees and haul the chipper into the woods. Their homeowner insurance agent said not to based on liability. Tractor is mint, pto chipper if wanted, flat parcel, no ravines etc etc

Reach

Personally, I would not do it. I don’t like taking the chance on using the homeowner’s equipment. Using their stepladder to drop a phone wire is one thing, but a tractor I don’t want to purchase is another.

If I were going to use it, I would contact my insurance agent and have it listed on my policy, or draw up a quick “rental agreement” that shows me as renter, from the owner, so that my rented equipment policy would cover it if something should happen.

If you want a liability release, call your lawyer, or find a decent small business lawyer if you don’t already have one. It’s a good idea to know one, in case you ever need one. We call ours every year or two, usually to review a contract or something, but it’s well worth the money.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom